Commercial Noise Reduction Technical Services Engineer
The CNR Technical Services Engineer will be responsible for onsite technical design and project estimation specialty services including architectural design, installation planning, job site BOM estimation, and installation support for multi-layer custom fabric panel installation. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering accurate and timely building site plans, estimating costs and price quotes, commissioning individual panels engineering drawings, and liaising between installer and panel fabrication to meet aggressive customer installation schedules.
As a member of the New Ventures/Technology team, the successful candidate will be accountable for developing and establishing site layout and cost estimation techniques, producing site panel maps in collaboration with installer, and coordinating returns and expediated rework as necessary. The Technical Services Engineer will be on site at customer construction sites at the time of project initiation, intermediate progress visits, and final inspection. The Technical Services Engineer will be responsible for continuous improvement of cost and efficiency of critical tasks to enable scale to multiple concurrent sites. The person in this role will work closely with other project team members including project management, fabrication, on-site installers, and procurement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop methods for verifying the accuracy of Navisworks architectural files
- Develop methods for rapid estimation of job site materials requirements
- Develop tools to communicate job site map, installation plan, and materials manifest requirements
- Establish and maintain a high-performance customer service experience for final customer and installation sub-contractors
- Accurate Site and Panel Map creation
- At scale, perform two customer site estimations per month with the creation of requisite planning documents
- Be on-call for field communication from ongoing installation crews regarding problems, delays, or reworks
- Perform site inspections and final sign-off at time of job completion
- Measure KPIs for planning accuracy and timeliness
- Design and justify improvement projects to meaningfully improve KPIs
- Work with vendors to validate automation improvements
- Set individual benchmarks for output and achieve ongoing improvements
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in architectural, Civil, or a similar engineering discipline
- AutoCAD Products (AutoCAD, Revit, and/or Inventor) and Navisworks competency
- Experience in construction job site estimation
- Project Management experience
- Process Start-up experience
- Minimum experience is 3-5 years working in a comparable role in a B2B manufacturing environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of all Microsoft Office software. The ability to utilize CAD software is a must. Project management software is a plus.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel is required (Approximately 70%)
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA