FiberTite Strategic Business Development Manager
DO WHAT’S RIGHT. WORK TOGETHER. CREATE SOLUTIONS.
At Seaman Corporation, we are dedicated to creating and supplying quality, high performance fabrics that protect our planet and our customers. From humble beginnings in 1949 to a multi-million dollar organization, this family-owned business has grown to be a leading manufacturer in highly durable coated fabrics, supplying our products to customers around the globe.
Every Seaman associate adds value to our continuously growing company. We believe by investing in the right people and resources we can drive sustainable growth throughout the business.
Seaman Corporation products are composed of proprietary knitted or woven base cloths and coating formulas to produce high performance roofing systems, geomembrane liners, truck tarps, architectural structures, and much more. We work exclusively with authorized fabricators, designers, consultants, engineers and installers for quality solutions start to finish.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Company performance bonus in addition to base salary
- Flexibility to work from home 2 days per week
- Professional development opportunities including tuition reimbursement, course training, and networking
- A competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, PTO, VTO, and paid holidays
- Activities including department outings, holiday parties, and our annual company-wide dinner
The FiberTite Strategic Business Development Manager (SBDM) is a critical sales position responsible for expanding the FiberTite commercial relationships with large, strategically important multi-national, multi-location customers. This position will be responsible for targeting the facilities’ maintenance of specified market segments. The SBDM will be expected to achieve sales results both directly as well as through strategically leveraging Seaman Corporation’s relevant functional resources. This person needs to be a sales specialist. The SBDM will not only sell to buying teams at their corporate headquarters but also focus on building relationships among multiple levels of influencers and decision makers of the national accounts as well as core members of the value chain including Roofing Consultants, Architects, and Roofing Contractors. The SBDM will develop a market strategy and report on key industry findings, growth trends and build execution plans based on common needs in the market. He or she will closely coordinate important tactical information and follow-up activities with Regional Managers, Direct Sales and Independent Representatives, as well as Technical, Finance and Operational resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set a standard of passion and energy through the FiberTite sales team in reinforcing the FiberTite growth strategy and vision. With clarity, conviction and a sense of purpose, help align the sales team to collectively execute the business plans.
- Identify needs and assess current situation of facility management activities across the target customers’ multi-facility locations globally.
- Develop and clearly communicate a customized value proposition among critical customer stakeholders, influencers, and economic decision makers with the objective of FiberTite being their preferred single-ply roofing membrane. Travel to targeted corporation headquarters, stakeholders, and influencers is required.
- Ensure the execution of delivering top line growth balances and margin expectations across all product categories. Weigh in personally on major projects requiring strategic business considerations.
- Closely manage pricing actions and trends among sales and regional manager activity. Set up early warning systems with FiberTite Product Management to spot trends in margin performance. Balance top line bottom line trade-offs.
- Develop an overall account strategy to guide the company’s commercial process. Using SalesForce, this will include elements such as statement of needs, competitive landscape, evergreen accounting of customer, and understanding of key contacts.
- Document and coordinate work plans that show the interrelationships between HQ specification work and regional facility activities.
- Support project efforts to analyze RFQ’s and other bid packages while partnering with the regional managers and local contractors.
- Present updates to the Senior Leadership Team on planned events and progress made within the current markets and customers
- Work closely with Marketing Communications to ensure tools are relevant and effective, including those on the corporate website.
- Participate in key national account calls and negotiations to ensure creation of a long-term partnership and proactive positioning of being the “supplier of choice.”
- Develop reliable and timely sales forecasts.
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Analyze and control expenditures to conform with budgetary requirements
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Business, Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management or a related degree and at least 5+ years related experience in the commercial roofing industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience. A history of sales success. Prior Strategic Business Development Management experience a plus. This person need not be a “roofing expert”, rather, he/she should be an expert in telling the FiberTite track record and performance story, adapted to each listener, with strong emphasis on the value proposition.
- A strong conviction that true selling happens face to face, not with electronic messaging.
- A track record of comfort and skill in dealing with senior management.
- A track record in opening new doors at a senior level, i.e. approach skills.
- An understanding that selling to the owner not only improves results but is the most efficient route to the first sale and to achieving preferred supplier status.
- An understanding that corporate America’s major companies use multi-function buying teams to guide major purchases, demanding sales coverage at multiple levels.
- A strong conviction that every well-targeted prospect will become his/her long-term repeat customer, resulting from patient, repeated efforts at gaining the first sale.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, Internet; Inventory/Sales; Salesforce experience is a plus.
Must be able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time throughout North America with limited international travel as necessary.
Seaman Corporation is an EEO/AA Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Wooster, OH 44691, USA