Parts Delivery Driver
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a Parts Delivery Driver, you will be responsible for delivering Accessories to GM and Ford's dealerships assigned to a daily route, interfacing with dealership personnel to facilitate deliveries and returns, maintaining a safe driving record, operating a vehicle safely, and properly maintaining 16-20ft box trucks. This position is full-time and must comply with MVR criteria. No CDL is required for this position.
Parts Delivery Driver Responsibilities Include:
- Review sales orders and pull daily orders.
- Accurately load trucks daily before starting the route.
- Conduct quality control to look for defects.
- Provide accurate delivery service of ordered parts to the assigned dealerships.
- When with a customer, confirm the part and the invoice match and have the customer sign the invoices or return authorizations.
- Responsible for handling customer returns.
- Safely drive company trucks at all times.
- Utilize defensive driving practices.
- Complete safety inspections on the truck pre-trip and post-trip.
- Fill up the gas tank daily using the company-issued purchase program.
- Communicate issues like overages, shortages, incidents, and accidents.
- Participate in daily huddles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Parts Delivery Driver Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Valid Driver's License with an adequate driving record.
- DOT Medical Card or ability to pass a DOT physical.
- Ability to pass a road test annually.
- Ability to pass the drug test and background check.
- Ability to pass the MVR check.
- Consistent work history and attendance record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
Parts Delivery Driver Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Ability to drive safely in adverse weather conditions like rain, fog, snow, heat, and wind.
- This position is performed both inside a warehouse and outside so weather conditions may include extreme heat and cold.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and climbing all day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 45% of the time you will be standing while working on vehicles, 30% of the time you will be sitting while working on vehicles, and 6% of the time working in cramped or confined spaces on vehicles.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $18.00
- Accessories of Chicago, 16323 W.Prologis Pkwy., Lockport, Illinois, United States of America