We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a Scrap Associate at Quonset Hut, you will be responsible for processing the scrap parts that arrive from various General Motors locations.
Scrap Associate Responsibilities include:
- Separate scrap by material.
- Move pallets, baskets, and boxes using a forklift.
- Inspect forklift.
- Place scrap cardboard into bailer.
- Track assets for disposal.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Scrap Associate Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must be at least 21 years of age to drive company vehicles at Milford Proving Grounds.
- Must be forklift certified or willing to acquire certification.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Must be a reliable team player.
Scrap Associate Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Exposure to fumes from forklift.
- Exposure to grease, oil, and electrical components.
- This position is performed both inside a garage and outside so weather conditions may include extreme heat and cold.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day.
- Must frequently lift and/or move items up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $16.00
- GLS North America, 3300 General Motors Road, Milford, Michigan, United States of America