Automotive Administrator Coordinator
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
Vehicle coordinator is responsible for assigning company owned vehicles to ensure the appropriate flow of inventory based on current provided parameters set by the General Motors client. Providing customer service to drivers through email, phone, and Teams messaging.
- Run and maintain inventory and driver reports using eCVMS to track inventory and driver activity daily.
- Problem solve and assist with GM driver inquires via phone, email, or IM to provide updates and accurate information daily.
- Submit vehicle orders to GM systems.
- Assign vehicles to company drivers using reports, email and GM forms when required.
- Work with the plating department to ensure vehicles are properly plated.
- Track ordered vehicles using GM programs.
- Update vehicle status in company systems using GM systems.
- Work with dealerships for new vehicle PDI/LPO by phone and/or email.
- Work with dealerships for repairs and recalls by email and/or phone.
- Maintain vehicle files to record all vehicle information by placing all associated paperwork in file.
- Verify disposal requirements for out of state vehicles to be sent to auction.
- Process drive and buy disposal paperwork per GM programs guidelines.
- Send tabs/license plate renewals to drivers by obtaining driver addresses, then send to driver via FedEx.
- Perform annual physical inventory by locating selected vehicles and working with drivers, dealerships, auctions, etc. to fill out required paperwork per GM rules.
- Gather and complete paperwork and Power of Attorney for drivers to obtain license plates in states requiring passenger plates.
- Maintain on-going training for processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be a reliable team player.
- 1-year customer service experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook applications preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- 75% of the time your job will be completed while sitting.
- 20% of your job will consist of walking while working.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Hourly
- GLS North America, 7111 East 11 Mile Road, Warren, Michigan, United States of America