We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
GLS NA is an award-winning Tier 1 automotive supplier providing unique solutions for an amazing list of clients transforming the auto industry. With over 11 years of customer satisfaction, our company has established itself as a leading provider in vehicle management with a current portfolio of over 90,000 vehicles. Our expertise extends beyond just vehicle management as we provide support for over 1,100 shows and events. With 18 locations spanning across North America, we are equipped to serve 8 major automotive brands and counting.
Our diverse capabilities set us apart from the competition and allow us to provide a comprehensive solution. From advertising and marketing support to custom IT solutions, we've got you covered. Our garage services, event coordination, and company vehicle operations ensure seamless operations. We also offer specialty paint services and historical fleet management for those looking for something unique. Our engineering support rounds out our offerings, providing our clients with the confidence to support complex jobs. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship-focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
- Multiple benefits package options include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Work-from-home flexibility.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive workforce with a variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As a Senior Accountant, you will perform all General Accounting duties including month end close, journal entries, A/R, A/P, customer billings, and bank reconciliations, as well as assist in preparing and analyzing financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements of 2 GLS subsidiaries. The ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter with accounting experience who is comfortable with operational and financial accounting tasks.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities include:
- Perform all General Accounting duties including month end close, posting journal entries, manage A/R & A/P, prepare customer billings, and bank reconciliations.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements.
- Calculate and report weekly sales commissions to the Payroll Manager.
- Collaborate with operational and corporate team members to support financial and business objectives.
- Assist with accounting tasks related to ERP implementation.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement changes as necessary.
- Monitor and analyze accounting data and provide financial insight to the Controller.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP standards and company policies and procedures.
- Promote a team member-driven culture including a focus on safety.
- Create and maintain open communication with team members, peers, management, and other departments.
Senior Accountant Qualifications and Skills:
- Knowledge of GAAP standards.
- Intermediate to advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, XLOOKUP, SUMIFS, Data Validation, etc.)
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software, such as SAP or Oracle.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to work on several projects/responsibilities simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- CPA or CMA certification is preferred but not required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- This position is performed in an office setting. Applicants must be okay with sitting for long periods of time.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule. May require occasional evening and/or weekend work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Pay Type Salary
- GLS North America, 7111 East 11 Mile Road, Warren, Michigan, United States of America