Inbound Warehouse Associate
We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As an Inbound Warehouse Associate, you will be responsible for offloading inbound vendor products while checking for the quality and accuracy of the product. Product will be received against purchase orders and staged on shelves, floors, or racking lines to support efficient picking practices. The position includes assisting in other departments as needed.
The pay rate for this role ranges from $18-20 per hour based on experience.
Inbound Warehouse Associate Responsibilities include:
- Accurately offload inbound vendor trucks.
- Conduct quality control upon receipt.
- Receive products against purchase orders.
- Accurately store/stock products in line with Dock to Stock expectations to support efficient picking practices.
- Rotate and re-stock based on FIFO dates and stocking levels as dictated by product type and stocking level.
- Utilize restocking and forward-stocking practices.
- Practice powered industrial equipment safety as well as general dock safety.
- Assist in order picking as needed.
- Perform Cycle Counts.
- Perform research on bin/part variances.
- Empty trash and cardboard that accumulates throughout the warehouse.
- Manage the trouble table, where product that could not be received is placed.
- Set up returns through UPS and other freight software.
- Adhere to safety and quality control measures.
- Participate in annual physical inventory.
- Participate in daily huddles and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Cross-train for other roles within the warehouse to maximize efficiency of the team.
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
Inbound Warehouse Associate Qualifications and Skills:
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to pass the drug screen and background check.
- Consistent work history and attendance record.
- Reliable transportation.
- Basic computer skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong time-management skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn innovative technologies.
- Ability to perform repetitive actions for extended periods.
- Must be able to work independently and in teams.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be attentive to details.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Forklift, parts picker, and powered pallet jack experience is preferred.
Inbound Warehouse Associate Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently.
- Must be okay with walking and standing for extended periods of time.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Accessories of Michigan, 2300 Meijer Drive, Troy, Michigan, United States of America