We are proud to be part of a family-owned and operated tradition dating back to 1948, when Richard Fischer opened Suburban Motors as a single-point Oldsmobile dealership in Birmingham, MI. In April 2021, Suburban sold its dealership operations and non-dealership business operations remained under the sole direction of the Fischer family and Suburban Automotive Services was born. Suburban Automotive Services is the parent company for four distinct business verticals: Suburban Accessories, GLS North America, Competitive Vehicle Services and The Paint Shop.
Suburban Accessories is the country’s largest OEM accessories distributor. We sell and deliver GM and Ford accessories to authorized dealers across the Midwest and Florida. We also distribute AC Delco, Motorcraft and Mopar parts to dealers and aftermarket independent garages. We are comprised of 5 individual ADIs (GM) and 5 individual FADs (Ford), all of which contribute to $500M in total annual sales. Our values are encapsulated by the acronym DRIVEN (Dedicated to service, relationship focused, versatile in our thinking, high standards for excellence and accountable (notable) for our actions).
Why Work for Us:
- Multiple benefits package options that include medical, dental, vision, and disability options.
- 401K program with company match.
- Company stability with over 70 years of proudly serving the community.
- Team member values driven Recognition Program.
- Milestone Recognition Program.
- Above market paid sick and vacation at 30 days, bereavement leave, and jury duty pay.
- Diverse and inclusive work force with variety of skills and knowledge.
- Career and growth opportunities with focus on team member development.
As the Accounting Manager, you will manage and oversee all accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and payroll. The Accounting Manager will ensure compliance with GAAP standards and company policies and procedures are being met. Assisting in preparing and analyzing financial reports, including balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements. Every month you will manage the month-end closing process and ensure the timely and accurate reporting of financial results is completed. Manage and mentor a team of accounting professionals, including hiring, training, and performance evaluations. The Account Manager will also collaborate with cross-functional teams to support financial business objectives.
Account Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Supervise and manage accounting staff's day-to-day workflow.
- Prepare and review journal entries as needed.
- Preparing and analyzing financial statements and reports.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable daily workflow.
- Develop and maintain account policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing and analyzing financial reports.
- Manage month-end.
Leadership Responsibilities Include:
- Adhere to Suburban Automotive Service’s DRIVEN values and align business practices to support the SAS mission and vision.
- Manage department revenue and costs within assigned budget; provide thoughtful recommendations and best practice solutions.
- Identify any gaps in processes and update procedures as required by system and/or process improvements.
- Execute the interview/hiring process of all direct reports and support the process of indirect reports.
- Complete goal setting, development plans, and annual reviews for reporting staff on a timely basis.
- Coach and train team members to understand duties, responsibilities, and performance with established expectations.
- Ensure adherence to operating procedures, legal and compliance regulations, and IT Policies to minimize risk.
- Promote a team member-driven culture including a focus on safety.
- Create and maintain open communication with team members, peers, management, and other departments.
Account Manager Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Must have exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Windows).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Experience with ERP systems and accounting software, such as SAP or Oracle.
- Experience with financial statement preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Bachelor's degree or Certification (CPA or CMA preferred but not required).
Account Manager Working Conditions and Physical Demands Include:
- 80% of the time this job will be completed while sitting.
- 20% of the time this job will be completed while walking and standing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Accessories of Michigan, 2300 Meijer Drive, Troy, Michigan, United States of America