Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Community Manager understands and implements the Company’s strategies related to property management by leading and supervising Associates at the apartment community as they implement the policies, procedures, and practices that enable the community to meet and exceed budgeted financial goals and achieve above-market operational performance objectives. They perform various tasks associated with maintenance and leasing/marketing while demonstrating the highest level of residential service with a goal to exceed expectations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, direct and supervise Associates within the community, ensuring they have the tools for success.
- Participate with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating on-site Associates.
- Provide clear and concise instructions for effective management of on-site Associates.
- Develop an integral team that effectively sells the quality and professionalism of our Company.
- Conduct informative staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate submission of timesheets for the team.
- Ensure that the appearance and physical aspects of the community meets the Company and residents established standards through routine site and safety inspections and communicates concerns and requests for capital to provide for the physical upkeep of the community.
- Complete regular community inspections of common areas, amenities, models, and vacant apartment homes and complete the community inspection report.
- Respond promptly to Associate/resident/guest needs and concerns.
- Promote client satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and on-going communication about the performance of the community.
- Ensure that Associates are implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Process and approve payment of invoices pertaining to maintenance and operations of the community on a timely basis.
- Complete and review various daily, weekly, and monthly reports by making operating recommendations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor Budget Control Log and reports variances.
- Report and offer recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, and contract developments and negotiations.
- Review all renewals and prepare budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions that could affect profitability of the community.
- Prepare and adhere to the guidelines of the community operating budget and advise ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Supervise and ensure collection of all rent and other community income.
- Support the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offer input and suggestions regarding promotions, advertisements, and pricing.
- Supervise the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Understand and comply with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multifamily housing operations.
- Monitor the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to Company standards.
- Practice proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business is preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in property management, including sales/multifamily leasing and supervisory responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to comprehend and complete legal, financial, and human resources documents.
- Proficient with computerized financial and word processing software.
- Demonstrated mathematical and analysis skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages in order to complete, understand and interpret financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Proficiency in managing multiple priorities simultaneously, meeting deadlines, and working with minimal direction or supervision.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Community Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family PM - Property Operations
- Job Function Property Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Conyers, GA, USA