Junior Assistant Superintendent
Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
The Junior Assistant Superintendent assists the Project Manager and Superintendent in managing the day-to-day activities of the finishing subcontractors and suppliers on a project site. They ensure assigned work is completed on time and within budget. They are responsible under moderate supervision for inspecting the construction site daily and to work with contractors to schedule deliveries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare punch list and ensure that each item on list is completed satisfactorily prior to inspection.
- Assess the schedule of construction to determine the order in which to complete the project.
- Order the necessary parts and replacement parts to prepare apartment homes for final inspection.
- Coordinate the final clean of apartment homes prior to turnover.
- Assist Superintendent and Project Manager in maintaining and enforcing Company’s safety policies among supervised subcontractors.
- Comply with all Company safety policies.
- Sign in and document new building materials.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree in construction management is preferred.
- 1 – 3 years of experience in construction is required.
- Knowledge of construction management theory and practice.
- Must have thorough knowledge of drywall systems and finish trades, analyzing construction documents, and ability to read blueprints.
- Knowledge of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with construction related tools such as tape measure, construction level, calculator, and etc.
- Some of our projects or locations might require specialized job knowledge or experience.
This is a position which requires the Junior Assistant Superintendent to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and properties. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA