Quarterra Group, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lennar Corporation (NYSE:LEN and LEN.B) is a multi-strategy, real estate focused, alternative asset management company comprised of two rapidly growing verticals: Multifamily and Single-Family Rental. Launched in 2011, Quarterra Multifamily, previously known as LMC, is among the nation’s most active developers, builders, and managers and has been on the National Multi-Housing Council’s (NMHC) annual Top 50 list for eight consecutive years. Quarterra Single-Family Rental launched in 2020 to provide individuals, couples, and families who prefer to rent over home ownership the opportunity to live in exceptional neighborhoods with great amenities. For additional information, please visit Quarterra.com.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in all financial reporting and accounting related services required for the Division. This role is pivotal to the Accounting teams goals and outcomes of accurate and timely completion of all accounting deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the monthly financial close process and prepare and input journal entries.
- Prepare JV financial statements and variance analysis.
- Assist with monthly loan draw packages and review of construction Pay Applications.
- Assist in the monthly budget reviews with the development team and update job cost budget summary schedules.
- Perform balance sheet account analysis and other analytical procedures as needed.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the development team and accounts payable closely to organize, code, and submit vendor invoices for payment.
- Prepare remote bank deposits.
- Manage cash balance on bank accounts and prepare wire transfer requests.
- Assist in the compliance of the Accounting and A/P policy and procedures.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- Progressive accounting experience.
- Experience with multifamily industry, joint venture accounting, and public accounting is preferred.
- Exceptional organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude.
- Must possess professional attitude and represent company in a positive manner.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Staff Accountant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
Quarterra Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prides itself on diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, pregnancy or related condition, protected status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Quarterra Group believes diversity and inclusion among our Associates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
- Job Family F&A - Accounting
- Job Function Finance & Accounting
- Pay Type Salary
- Irving, TX, USA