Finance and Business Development - Finance Manager
Closes: When Filled
Department: Finance and Business Development
Reports To: Finance Director
Hours: 40 Hours/Week – Full Time
Salary: Based on Salary Matrix + Benefits*
*Salaries are market competitive. For accurate salary information, call (253) 573-7863 or email email@example.com.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians provides a generous benefits package that includes employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a retirement/401(k) plan with profit sharing, paid holidays, and paid time off including birthday leave.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is seeking a highly qualified candidate to serve in the role of Finance Manager. This position assists the Finance Director (Director) and Tribal Financial Officer (TFO) by providing operational and financial analysis of the Tribe’s governmental and business operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of executive level presentations, reports, and analyses in areas such as market analysis, opportunity assessment, valuation analysis, financial plans and cash flow projections.
- Financial modeling and business valuation, along with advanced knowledge of financial concepts (IRR, ROI, NPV, payback period, etc.).
- Conducts and coordinates financial, market, operational, and related research to support strategic and business planning within the department as directed by management.
- Responsible for periodic updating of reports, dashboards, and key performance indicators.
- Execute on complex investment projects with autonomy and attention to detail.
- Perform complex financial and operational analysis to support short term and long range strategic plans and investment analysis.
- Assists with the interpretation, evaluation, and interrelationship of research data, and generates integrated business analysis and projections for incorporation into decision-making.
- Assists with the budgeting process for the Tribe, its various business operations and entities; provides research analyzing actual expenses against budget; identifies significant variances and timely reports them to the Director and TFO.
- Assists in review of the Tribe’s governmental and business operations financial policies and procedures and provides recommendations for improvement; assists with amendments as needed; assists with the development of new financial policies and procedures as needed; monitors compliance to said policies and procedures.
- Responsible for contributing to positive banking relationships; including negotiating and structuring financing for various capital improvement projects and economic development projects.
- At the request of the TFO, arranges for and oversees financial audits for the Tribe and its various entities or business enterprises; continually updates the TFO on audit status; ensures timely completion and reporting of results; immediately notifies TFO of findings; ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities; however, the position does perform the duties and responsibilities of the Director in his/her absence. As such, may temporarily supervise staff when the Director is not available.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors of Business Administration or related field from an accredited university is required. Master of Business Administration (MBA) or Master of Science in Finance, Investments from an accredited university is preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, consulting or accounting is required.
- Previous work experience for a Tribal government is preferred.
- Knowledge of capital markets dynamics and experience-based knowledge of assessing the impact of market dynamics on targeted assets and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess and translate significant quantities of data into information and discern key findings, including ability to synthesize, develop, package and communicate concise, logical, fact-based presentations, and make well-founded recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to design sound business strategies based on a structured approach, integrating scientific, commercial and financial analyses that enable business success and create tangible enterprise value.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including ability to communicate information appropriately to the level of the audience.
Employee must demonstrate the ability to interact tactfully and positively with Tribal members, all levels of staff and management. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common professional journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from staff and regulatory agencies. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions. Ability to effectively present information to management, employees and groups of people.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principals. Ability to calculate complex figures and prepare complex and detailed spreadsheets to support research and analysis. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Licenses or Certificates
Must pass a criminal background check prior to and periodically throughout employment. Must not have any felony convictions.
Must have and maintain a valid and unrestricted Washington State Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
- Excellent communication skills, must be capable of presenting ideas in a clear and compelling manner both verbally and written.
- Strong computer proficiency and advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Skills in examining, developing, and amending financial policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate professionalism, strong ethics and ability to advance the principles of good governance, including sound judgment in decision making.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from various cultural backgrounds with dignity and respect; must be able to work in a politically sensitive environment. Ability to select the appropriate approach for any situation in order to achieve desired results.
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to work on own initiative with little supervision.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Must demonstrate good listening skills; ability to present viewpoints in a constructive manner; positively respect different perspectives.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee occasionally is required to stand and walk.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level is low to moderate.
- The physical exertion is low to moderate.
- Work is performed in an office setting.
- There are frequent employee contacts and interruptions during the day.
- Position may be stressful at times due to the sensitive or confidential issues being addressed.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
Native American preference applies and job placements are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Because of the large number of applications received and limited job positions, your application will not guarantee employment.
Online Application Tips:
1. If you are using a MAC, use Safari. If you are using a PC, use Chrome.
2. Do not use a mobile cellular device.
3. Upload additional documents (resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, tribal documentation, etc.). Please include copies of any required degrees, certificates, training, etc.
4. Native Hiring Preference – If selecting a native category (native, spouse, descendant), send in the appropriate documentation. If you have any questions about the hiring preference policy or what document to send in, contact us.
5. Provide 3+ references. We cannot obtain references from direct family members (parents, grandparents, siblings, or children). One reference must be a recent past or present supervisor. We prefer the rest of your references to include co-workers, subordinates, or other supervisors, but we can accept a personal reference from someone who is familiar with your work ethic, skills/abilities, and attendance.
6. To add more employment, education, or references, click on the small blue + sign in the upper right corner of the page.
7. When entering salaries, use only numbers. Do not use any other characters (such as , . or $).
8. After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email, please call contact Human Resources to confirm receipt.
If you have any questions about the online application, please call (253) 573-7863
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3009 Portland Ave E, Tacoma, WA 98404, USA