Event and Catering Coordinator
Title: Events and Catering Coordinator, City Beet Kitchens
Locations: Shelters and City Beet Kitchens!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending on the shift, essential duties of positions include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Support and collaborate with the Director of Events & Director of Operations.
- Liaise between the customer, the CBK team, and vendors to curate customer’s ultimate event experience.
- Provide exceptional customer service via phone and email to create events from corporate lunches to wedding receptions and nonprofit galas.
- Format menus, newsletters, flyers, and other CBK promotional items.
- Maintain relationships with existing customers and create long-lasting relationships with new clientele.
- Create daily master/driver schedule to share with all CBK employees.
- Organize, schedule, and return all rental materials for events (tables, chairs, linens, specialty items).
- Manage/Captain staff for large events (Qwick). Temp staff hire.
- Prepare, edit and distribute presentation and meeting materials.
- Reconcile financial records and assist Finance team with budgets and monthly strategic meetings.
- Track payments monthly to ensure aging report is up to date.
- Manage social media accounts (daily posts and updates on Instagram and Facebook accounts).
- Organize and maintain office systems (mailings, filing, ordering and record keeping).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of administrative assistant experience.
- 2+ years of food services and/or catering experience.
- Superb organizational skills and strong administrative background.
- Highly reliable, detail-oriented, and resourceful team player.
- Ability to balance priorities on multiple tasks and maintain workflow in high pressure environment.
- Initiative to take on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), QuickBooks, Squarespace and social media.
- Strong sales and communication skills - verbal and written.
- Ability to manage teams (drivers, kitchen, onsite event staff).
- This position is full time onsite 8:30am-4:30pm.
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Min Hiring Rate $50,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- CBK Events - Geffner, 351 West 42nd St, New York, New York, United States of America