The Mauna Kea Beach Hotel MK Purchasing Storeroom Manager Buyer (Salary)
At Mauna Kea Resort, we're creating a hospitality company whose future is unlimited and whose values reflect the dedication and passion of our employees. Our success is measured by the quality of the relationships we build with one another, our guests, and our strategic partners. By seeking ways to add value to every encounter, we set ourselves apart from others and instill a sense of pride that is uniquely Prince. We invite you to share this journey with us.
Division: Management & Non-Union (MAN010)
Primary Responsibilities: Order and properly store all food, liquor and non-food items required by the food and beverage departments. Must secure the best quality and price for the food, beverage and other products purchased by the resort. Inspect all products upon delivery to insure quality and freshness and enforce policy controls. Prepare purchase orders, audit invoices and process payments. Responsible for proper inventory of products and par levels to avoid shortage or spoilage. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the storeroom.
- Contact vendors and order food, beverage, liquor, wine and non-food items at the best prices.
- Prepare purchase orders, audit invoices and process for payment on a daily basis according to company procedures.
- Check products received to insure proper items were delivered and the quality was acceptable.
- Insure that all food items are properly stored and rotated.
- Monitor par stock and re-orders as necessary
- Inform kitchen department on any food item in excess that must be used to avoid spoilage.
- Communicate with vendors to acquire new product lines and prices.
- Monitor the storeroom access; assure that requisitions are properly completed.
- Track transfers of food and paper products.
- Inform Chef or security of any discrepancies in the inventory.
- Perform monthly inventory in all areas of food and beverage storerooms.
- Responsible for proper inventory procedures being followed.
- Hire, train, supervise, counsel, discipline and evaluate employees under his/her direction.
- Manage department following company policies, procedures and terms and conditions of the CBA.
- Responsible for the schedule and staffing and labor cost of the storeroom.
- Review, approve and verify department payroll.
- Inspect refrigerator, freezers and other equipment to insure proper working order.
- Keep storage area clean, neat and organized.
- Ensure safety training, standards and regulations are being maintained.
- Maintain a good working relationship with vendors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
- Maintain department bulletin boards.
- Conduct regular department meetings.
- Communicate with all chefs on daily banquet/restaurant functions.
- Majority of the shift is spent at the desk in the storeroom.
- Must be able to go in and out of refrigerators and freezers for extended periods w/ proper protective equipment.
- Loading dock with noise or fumes from vehicles.
- Walking through hotel corridors
- Must be able to work the schedule determined by the Chef/Executive Sous Chef.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours.
- Must be able to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Proficient in the use of a computer and with the resort’s word, spreadsheet and related purchasing software.
- Ability to use various office equipment including but not limited to calculator, photocopiers and facsimile machines.
- Ability to use telephone, e-mail.
- Hand truck, flat bed cart, pallet jack and forklift.
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
- Ability to manage stressful and challenging situations.
- Sits at a desk to do ordering and administrative functions.
- Must be able to lift and carry produce, products, etc. weighing up to or over 50 lbs on/off carts.
- Push or pull carts or other equipment weighing more than 50 lbs.
- Stand and walk to oversee storeroom operations.
- Must have strong verbal skills to communicate over the phone to vendors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing to employees, managers and vendors.
- Written skills to communicate by e-mail; memos, etc.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 3 years related experience
- Proficient in working with numbers for ordering and inventory
- Dept. of Heath TB Clearance
- Forklift training and certificate needed to operate forklift.
We appreciate your interest in joining our 'Ohana. Due to our numerous inquiries, only qualified applicants for posted positions will be contacted by phone or email provided on your employment application form.
- Pay Type Salary
- 62-100 Mauna Kea Beach Dr, Waimea, HI 96743, USA