Senior Project Manager
Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: 2116 Arlington Ave #100, Los Angeles 90018
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Reports to: Housing Development Director
The People Concern is a community supported organization in which staff, volunteers, and clients work together with mutual respect to address the effects of poverty, abuse, neglect and discrimination. The agency’s programs are designed to empower people to access the resources they need to ensure their survival, end their victimization, and improve their quality of life. The People Concern provides a common ground for our diverse community to effect public policy and advocate for responsive human services.
Agency Programs and Services
The People Concern is the largest provider of housing and social services on the Westside of Los Angeles County. The People Concern provides comprehensive, integrated services to those most in need of help. The People Concern clients include people dealing with mental illness, physical illness or disabilities; women and children experiencing domestic violence; and Veterans. The People Concern tailors services to the needs of each person to help them rebuild their lives. Key services include housing, mental health care, medical care, domestic violence services, substance abuse treatment, income assistance and life skills programs --- all aimed at improving the self-sufficiency of the individuals and families served.
The newly-created Housing Development Department is responsible for driving execution of the agency’s three-prong strategy to increase the stock of Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) for individuals experiencing homelessness: 1) new construction in partnership with Flyaway Homes; 2) master-lease multi-unit properties from private landlords; and 3) scale up the agency’s efforts in adaptive reuse. Under the supervision of the Housing Development Director, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the full range of development activities for multiple projects in various stages of development, including but not limited to: pursuing opportunities for new development projects; researching funding opportunities and completing applications; negotiating loan terms; preparing project proformas; and working closely with the development team throughout construction.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to anticipate changing needs and pivot accordingly. They will have highly developed written and oral communication skills, a collaborative mindset, and professional demeanor. Most important, they will be passionate about the agency’s mission to advance innovative solutions for PSH development, and be driven by the belief that everyone deserves safe and dignified housing.
Core Competencies and Responsibilities:
· Advanced understanding of multifamily affordable housing financing structures including low-income housing tax credits (LIHTC) and subsidy programs.
· Knowledge of the regulations and practices governing multifamily affordable housing development.
· Familiarity with the challenges associated with the financing, development, and operation of PSH.
· Direct experience moving a project through the entitlement process.
· Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and independently prepare timely and accurate reports, technical documents, and presentations.
· Interpersonal aptitude for establishing and fostering collaborative working relationships with colleagues, government agencies, landlords, developers, lenders/investors, and a diverse range of community stakeholders.
· Familiarity with supportive services, rental subsidies, and local programs for people experiencing homelessness.
- Must have a four-year college or university degree in Urban Planning, Real Estate Finance or Development, or related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in affordable housing or real estate development. A Master’s degree in a related field may substitute for one year of experience.
- High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite.
- Driving a personal vehicle to various sites daily will be common, thus a valid license, insurance proof and a good record for insurance purposes is required
- Direct experience with preparing and analyzing real estate proformas.
- Ability to read and understand complex legal contracts and financial documents.
· Office environment.
· Regularly required to sit, stand, bend; occasionally lift or carry up to 35 lbs.
Responsibilities Common to All Agency Employees
· Maintain a safe work environment and confidentiality at all times
· Be proactive, creative, and flexible in determining, evaluating, researching, and resolving issues
· Organize and prioritize multiple activities to meet all external and internal deadlines
· Maintain professional demeanor that reflects positively on the agency
· Demonstrate respect and courtesy toward others
· Able to thrive in a work environment emphasizing teamwork and collaboration
· Respond in a timely manner in all aspects of communication
· Work with minimum supervision
· Perform other duties as assigned
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $80,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00