Tax - SALT Compliance Coordinator
The SALT Compliance Coordinator position assists in all matters of SALT (State and Local Tax) licensing, regulation, and related compliance for multistate clients, including administrative support to ensure the timely processing and filing of reports and other compliance obligations such as Secretary of State registrations, tax and license registrations required by Federal, state, and local governmental entities (including FCC and Public Service Commissions).
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Licensed Notary is preferred. Ability to obtain Notary license within 6 months of hire date is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience is required.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Capacity to quickly learn and understand new procedures, workflows, and software applications.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail. Excellent time management skills and effectively performs productively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Professionally and appropriately communicates with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, is receptive to feedback, and has a proactive nature.
- Exhibits professionalism and maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office Suite at an intermediate or advanced level, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Works with clients, vendors, and applicable governmental entities to establish and maintain appropriate tax filing accounts needed to adhere to state & local regulatory tax guidelines.
- Assists with Secretary of State registrations and annual reporting, tax and license registrations required by Federal, state, and local governmental entities, including FCC and Public Service Commissions (including FCC and monitor compliance processes & procedures, register necessary client accounts, and ensures timely compliance with each related annual compliance obligations.
- Maintains database of client accounts, including requirements, stakeholders, status updates, and other relevant details. Provides regular status updates to leadership.
- Maintains a compliance calendar and addresses regulatory changes as needed.
- Acts as liaison in gathering client information, communicating with regulatory agencies, governmental entities & external service providers, and coordinating with internal team members.
- Ensures that all registrations, licensing renewals, and related reports are generated, submitted, and stored to ensure compliance requirements and respective deadlines are met.
- Maintains records of client interactions, account information, and documents in appropriate systems.
- Escalates client feedback to appropriate parties.
- Develops proficiency for Firm software applications and procedures.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service and work processes. Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments and actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Performs other services as required.
- May be required to work overtime during the work week or on weekends.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- Must arrive at P&N offices in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Work/Life Balance: Paid Time Off, Paid Parental Leave, Paid Holidays, Dress for Your Day policy, Volunteer Opportunities, Fun Team Activities
- Financial Benefits: 401(k) Plan with Matching/Profit Sharing Contribution, Voluntary & Group Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance, Medical, Dependent Care and Adoption FSA, Competitive Salaries, Employee Referral bonus
- Health & Wellness: Health, Dental and Vision Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account
Join our team of professionals and take a firm step forward in your career. With an established mentor program and defined career paths for a range of specialties and skill sets, P&N is a place where professionals of all experience levels thrive. Our Lifelong Learning program, combined with technical training opportunities for staff, ensure that this is a place where our employees can grow — and with a rich office culture and a strong commitment to work/life balance, P&N is a place where you'll be happy to do so. To be considered for employment, visit www.pncpa.com/careers, complete an employment application and Explore Your Next Opportunity with P&N.
Postlethwaite & Netterville (P&N), APAC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or other protected classifications.
- Job Family Coordinator
- Pay Type Hourly