Accounting Consulting Services - Manager
The Consulting Manager – Accounting Consulting Services position is responsible for providing professional consulting services performing various assigned tasks related to client engagements, services, and projects in support of the department initiatives and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience is required.
- 2+ years of management or supervisory experience with accounting cycles and processes is required.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, performing effectively, efficiently and with quality under tight deadlines and manages multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Professionally and appropriately communicates with a diverse group of individuals.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, proactive nature, and be receptive to feedback.
- Critical thinking skill capabilities are essential.
- Exhibits professionalism and maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and within a team environment.
- Capacity to quickly learn and understand new concepts, workflows, and software applications.
- Technically proficient to perform at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products (specifically Excel, and Word, Outlook).
- Leads, directs, and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of engagement or project.
- Manages the team through all phases of a project including strategic scoping planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established engagement delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget, and other contract requirements.
- Utilizes staff in an efficient and effective manner to meet productivity and realization goals.
- Supervises senior, staff and intern positions and provides prompt feedback to Directors/Associates regarding performance.
- Plans, prepares, directs, and completes assigned tasks in an efficient manner and within allotted timeframes. Monitors workload to meet billable hour expectations and performs timely reviews of work products prior to submission to Director/Associate/Managers for further review.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Supports business development activities including client relationship development, program-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Documents and/or reviews documents regarding procedures performed, findings and/or other issues and drafts/compiles work papers, reports and client correspondence exhibiting effective writing skills.
- Performs research for technical accounting issues as appropriate; formulates resolution of issues identified through the research process.
- May provide on-site, virtual or augmented business services for client.
- Prepares and presents topics to relevant professional organizations and participates in other community activities.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to provide additional services to existing and/or potential clients.
- Serves as one of the firm’s prime contacts with the client.
- Provides leadership and facilitates technical and management collaboration amongst project team members and the client.
- Communicates and works with the client on a variety of issues potentially including progress and status, scope, schedule, and budget as well as progress of deliverables, client reviews, technical input, and comment resolution.
- Facilitates collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes.
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws, and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and identifying engagement efficiencies.
- Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
- Ongoing mentoring of team, performing assessment and completion of performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, on-the-job training, and professional development.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
- May participate in Firm recruiting activities.
- Prepares for relevant certification exams until completed and maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing requirements.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization). Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Performs other services as assigned.
May be required to travel and work from different company and client locations.
May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed
Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree