Baton Rouge, LA, USA Req #128
Tuesday, February 28, 2023
The Consulting Manager-Project Management position is responsible for high level oversight and management of large, multi-faceted projects and/or multiple projects simultaneously. The position will support new and incremental business development by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and incremental business with clients and prospects. The position will maintain an extensive knowledge of the firm’s service lines and offerings as well as current market trends, conditions and penetration of services and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Other related professional certifications related to the field of Project Management will be considered. (Certified Project Manager (CPM), Advanced Project Manager Certification (APMC), Certified Scrum Master)
- 5-7 years of project management experience to direct project life cycle.
- 5+ years of Consulting and/or Client support and Business Development.
- 3+ years in a management or supervisor role.
- Large Program and/or Project experience in strategic initiatives, business operations, information technology, Federal or State Programs
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and project management skill capabilities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments and within a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Ability to perform effectively, efficiently and with quality under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be computer literate with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Leads, directs and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of program or project.
- Manages the team through all phases of a program including strategic planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements.
- Guides projects and programs to fulfill client, stakeholder and PM goals, commitments and criteria.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Supports business development activities including client relationship development, program-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Builds and maintains a growth pipeline, gather referrals, and maintain extensive knowledge on the firm’s service lines and offerings, as well as market conditions and penetration of services and solutions.
- Serves as one of the firm’s prime contacts with the client.
- Provides leadership and facilitates technical and management collaboration amongst project team members and the client.
- Communicates and works with the client on a variety of issues potentially including progress and status, scope, schedule and budget as well as progress of deliverables, client reviews, technical input, and comment resolution.
- Facilitates collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Exhibits excellent client service skills including the identification of opportunities to provide additional services to clients and/or non-clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and identifying engagement efficiencies.
- Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
- Ongoing mentoring of team, performing assessment and completion of performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, and professional development.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
- May participate in Firm recruiting activities.
- Complies with all professional and Firm requirements (e.g., employee handbook requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g. client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
- Attends and actively engages in training sessions and/or meetings as required.
- Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
- Provides courteous and prompt service to all internal and external parties. Prioritizes and addresses requests and assignments in a professional and cooperative manner.
- Identifies opportunities and recommends methods to improve service, work processes and financial performance (e.g., procedure optimization). Assists in the implementation of quality improvement initiatives.
- Assists co-workers in the completion of tasks and assignments to ensure continuity of service. Actively supports teamwork throughout the organization.
- Performs other services as assigned.
- May periodically travel and work from different company locations.
- May be required to work extended/overtime hours during workweek and/or on weekends as needed.
- Must be able to reach P&N’s office in a timely manner and be ready to perform job responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of the job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and listen. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and the ability to focus. This position spends a significant amount of time sitting and operating a computer. Lifting requirements will not typically exceed 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully with or without reasonable accommodations. The work environment is considered to be that of a typical business/office operation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree