Project Management - Manager (Hattiesburg)
Hattiesburg, MS, USA Req #305
Wednesday, May 24, 2023
The Consulting Manager-Project Management position is responsible for high level oversight and management of large, multi-faceted projects and/or multiple projects simultaneously. The position will support business development by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and incremental business with clients and prospects. The position will maintain an extensive knowledge of the firm’s service lines and offerings as well as current market trends, conditions and penetration of services and solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Project Management Institute’s (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred.
- Other related professional certifications related to the field of Project Management will be considered. (Certified Project Manager (CPM), Advanced Project Manager Certification (APMC), Certified Scrum Master)
- 5+ years of project management experience to direct project life cycle.
- 5+ years of Consulting and/or Client support and Business Development.
- 3+ years in a management or supervisor role.
- Large Program and/or Project experience in strategic initiatives, business operations, information technology, Federal or State Programs
- Must demonstrate critical thinking and project management skill capabilities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills in business and technical environments and within a diverse group of individuals.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, innovative, and continuously changing environment.
- Ability to perform effectively, efficiently and with quality under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism including the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Must be technically proficient with the capability of performing at an intermediate or advanced level with respect to the Microsoft Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Leads, directs and manages projects and multi-disciplinary tasks within scope of program or project.
- Manages the team through all phases of a program including strategic planning, work planning, mobilization, execution, and closeout consistent with established program delivery processes to meet the scope, schedule, budget and other contract requirements.
- Guides projects and programs to fulfill client, stakeholder and PM goals, commitments and criteria.
- Ensures that the scope of work is completed to the satisfaction of the client and key stakeholders, while simultaneously ensuring that quality, financial, risk management, business and policy expectations are met.
- Supports business development activities including client relationship development, program-specific positioning activities, teaming arrangements, proposal preparation, presentations, and contract negotiations consistent with established business development processes.
- Builds and maintains a growth pipeline, gather referrals, and maintain extensive knowledge on the firm’s service lines and offerings, as well as market conditions and penetration of services and solutions.
- Serves as one of the firm’s prime contacts with the client.
- Provides leadership and facilitates technical and management collaboration amongst project team members and the client.
- Communicates and works with the client on a variety of issues potentially including progress and status, scope, schedule and budget as well as progress of deliverables, client reviews, technical input, and comment resolution.
- Facilitates collaboration with external agencies, if required, and other stakeholders as needed to enable successful development and implementation of complex project workflow and processes
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies and procedures, laws and regulations, and keeps current on compliance-related areas.
- Prepares deliverables/reports for review by the Director that include any noted issues, trends and other micro/macro level risks identified through the execution of projects activities.
- Exhibits excellent client service skills including the identification of opportunities to provide additional services to clients and/or non-clients.
- Responsible for ensuring that engagement procedures comply with professional requirements and identifying engagement efficiencies.
- Estimates effort and resources required for responsibilities and ensures all are prioritized effectively and delivered on time.
- Ongoing mentoring of team, performing assessment and completion of performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, and professional development.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with diverse group of clients, team members, managers, and subject matter experts.
- May participate in Firm recruiting activities.
- Complies with all professional and Firm requirements (e.g., employee handbook requirements, time entry procedures, audit quality control document requirements, etc.) including complying with confidentiality requirements (e.g. client information, proposal information, personnel information, job-related information, etc.).
- Attends and actively engages in training sessions and/or meetings as required.
- Maintains the required CPE for firm and licensing standards.
- Job Family Manager
- Pay Type Salary