2nd Shift Bulk Material Handler
Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. Being deemed an essential business from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Piping Rock has kept its doors open, production moving, and associates safe. We believe that family always comes first, and that the dedication of our associates is the key ingredient to our success.
We proudly offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, Pet insurance, company paid life insurance and more! We reward the hard work of our team members with fun and exciting company events, Picnic, BBQ Packages, Holiday Celebrations, and associate referral bonuses! Join our growing family today!
Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor/Lead Person, the Bulk material handler is responsible for the movement of products (materials, components) to supply department needs. Also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Operates material handling equipment independently as well as within a team environment
- Moves material to appropriate destinations
- Load and unload the trucks
- Organizes and maintains materials and other components in storage or staging area
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance.
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs
- Disposes of cardboard boxes and garbage
- Other duties as assigned
- Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Prior manufacturing or packaging experience preferred
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Proficient computer skills and strong math skills (addition, subtraction, percentages, averages).
- Physical effort – ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to write simple correspondence in English
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Piping Rock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans to all full time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long-term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 777 Lena Drive, 777 Lena Drive, Aurora, Ohio, United States of America