Facilities Maintenance Technician
298 Adams Ave., 298 Adams Blvd., Farmingdale, New York, United States of America Req #5
Monday, May 15, 2023
The Facilities Maintenance Technician will install, repair and maintain building electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and compressed air systems along with flooring, painting, cleaning and other miscellaneous activities. To perform installation, routine maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facility and its’ equipment.
• Additional duties as assigned
• Knowledge of pumps as it relates to boilers
• Knowledge of boilers and heat exchangers
• Replace mechanical components as needed
• Perform routine maintenance, service and repair on all heating and ventilating equipment and controls as assigned.
• Perform diagnostic system checks on all heating and ventilating equipment
• Change or adjust float valves
• Knowledge of the fundamentals of temperature and humidity measurement and control in air conditioning units.
• Knowledge of treating air to simultaneously control its temperature, humidity, cleanliness, and distribution.
• Maintains clean and orderly conditions in all working areas for the purpose of observing all safety practices and regulations.
• Maintains records (e.g. equipment repair history, work orders, test reports, etc.) for the purpose of documenting required information as needed
• Performs emergency, predictive and preventive maintenance for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functioning of HVAC systems.
• Prepares written materials (e.g. repair status, activity logs, recommendations, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities and/or conveying information.
• Support and maintain multiple facilities
• Troubleshoot and maintain facility mechanical and electrical equipment
• Troubleshoot, repair, and maintain building and material handling equipment
• Work with pneumatics, dust collection systems and other related facility equipment
• Assist in relocating or installing building equipment as needed
• Perform routine and preventative maintenance on facility and production system and equipment
• Help maintain a professional, safe, and organized production facility
• Involves work in multiple buildings in close proximity to each other
• Supports, encourages, and complies with all company policies and procedures including Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety
• Must be willing to work overtime or on weekends, as the workload demands.
• Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training.
• 5- 10 years’ experience in HVAC or Mechanical Contracting
• Rooftop equipment experience
• Sheet metal experience
• Trade school program or Union certificate
Role’s Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must be able to stand for 8 hours
• Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
We proudly offer: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Company Match, Pet insurance and more!
We reward the hard work of our team members with fun and exciting company events, Picnic, BBQ Packages, Holiday Celebrations, and associate referral bonuses!
Piping Rock Health Products, founded in 2011, winning Long Island’s Top Workplaces Award four years in a row, is supported by a group of vitamin visionaries with over 40 years of industry experience and a carefully curated team of talented associates. Piping Rock is a global vitamin and supplement manufacturer with an unwavering commitment to creating quality wellness products. Being deemed an essential business from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, Piping Rock has kept its doors open, production moving, and associates safe. We believe that family always comes first, and that the dedication of our associates is the key ingredient to our success.
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Certification
- 298 Adams Ave., 298 Adams Blvd., Farmingdale, New York, United States of America