Maintenance Mechanic- 3rd Shift
Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor/Lead Person, the Mechanic C is responsible for preventive maintenance, minor repairs on all packaging machines. Also responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) that are in effect assuring the quality and quantity of product produced.
- Perform all Preventative Maintenance as required
- Basic understanding of machine blueprints and schematics
- Troubleshoots, assesses, and repairs mechanical manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Responsible for set up and changeovers in a timely manner without supervision
- Maintain work area, maintenance shop, parts and supplies area cleaned and organized.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Must be mechanically inclined and can use all standard tools to the trade
- 1-3 years’ experience working in and around mechanical equipment, preferably in a pharmaceutical/nutraceutical environment
- High level of organizational skills, good written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual is a plus not a must
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines set by supervisor
- Must be able to multi-task and follow-up when responses are needed
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
- Must comply with GMP requirements; specific functions and documents will be discussed in GMP and on the job training
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to stand for 8 hours
- Must be able to work in a physically challenging environment
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
PipingRock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
Piping Rock Health Products LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 2120 Smithtown Ave., 2120 Smithtown Ave., Ronkonkoma, New York, United States of America