Sr. Sourcing Analyst
Piping Rock is a leading manufacturer of high-quality
wellness products founded by three generations of vitamin innovators and
entrepreneurs. We are seeking the expertise of a Sr. Sourcing Analyst. The Sr.
Sourcing Analyst is responsible for leading and managing sourcing of various
direct and indirect categories of spend. Must develop solid working partnership
with stakeholders to optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing,
contracting and ongoing supplier management while meeting quality and service
This person will be preparing and executing Category
Strategies, negotiations, and developing contract pricing, terms and conditions
and other relevant sourcing related documentation. These strategies and tactics
should enable the identification, negotiation and implementation of agreements
with suppliers to ensure the greatest overall value.
This roll requires a knowledge of a particular area of spend
(examples include Raw Materials, Tablet, Capsule and Softgel Bulk Contract
Manufacturing, Contract Packaging, Packaging Components etc,) used in the food,
pharmaceutical or nutraceutical industries. The incumbent must also be
knowledgeable in procurement methodologies and possess an in-depth
understanding of relevant supplier bases. Additionally, the incumbent must
understand service requirements related to business needs as well as quality
assurance and control. Must work within business team to identify and implement
initiatives to achieve substantial cost savings and improvements in quality,
delivery, process etc. to achieve high customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies across a broad range of direct and indirect categories with the goal of reducing cost, improving efficiency, and maintaining our high level of quality.
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Product Development, Sales quality, Regulatory, Manufacturing/Packaging, Legal etc. to ensure dialogue and understanding of company needs as well as industry trends and opportunities.
- Executes market research in various areas, resulting in robust Category Strategies. Keeps abreast of market conditions and maintains an agile mindset to flex resources and external capacity as needed to meet changing business needs.
- Ensures optimize sourcing, supplier selection, pricing, contracting and commercialization while meeting quality and service level requirements. This results in ensuring negotiation and implementation of global, regional and local agreements with suppliers to deliver the greatest overall value to Piping Rock Health Products. Monitors supplier performance on an ongoing basis and develops improvement plans as required.
- Supports new product, new technology or new initiative launches as applicable.
- Contribute to the of E-Sourcing, Reverse auctions, RFx’s and other sourcing events to increase supplier base and drive savings.
- Other duties may be assigned as required to support the dynamic nutraceuticals market.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or Food Science.
- Has a broad background in Procurement supporting manufacturing/ commercial/ corporate functions in various operating models. Has the ability to work and communicate effectively at all levels and functions of the organization. Hands on management experience in developing and implementing new suppliers and business solutions.
- MBA desirable but not required.
- Experience in implementing change management.
- 5-8 years of progressively increasing responsibility, experience in both procurement and subject matter area supported preferred.
- Reports to the office in Bohemia NY with potential for flexible arraignments.
- Potential travel to industry trade shows and supplier/facility audits.
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Trainee
- 3900 Veterans Memorial Highway, 3900 Veterans Hwy., Bohemia, New York, United States of America