Environmental Health and Safety Manager
As the Environmental Health and Safety Manager (EH&S), you will be asked to establish, execute, and deliver facility-specific EH&S plans that support Piping Rock’s overall EH&S objectives. You will lead the environmental compliance activities to ensure our facilities are adhering to regulation, while strategizing towards the overall EH&S plan. This includes planning and facilitating the necessary training to educate our associates on industry safety best practices, while developing innovative programs to prevent workplace hazards.
- Strategize, implement, and execute Piping Rock’s EH&S plan, overseeing these initiatives across multi sites
- Identify and evaluate safety hazards, as well as implement effective solutions to continuously mitigate risks as they are detected
- Lead incident investigation processes
- Interface with regulatory bodies (OSHA, EPA, State/Local Regulators) to ensure Piping Rock is always meeting mandated requirements
- Facilitate the completion of a site-wide annual HS&E training plan, ensuring all associates are trained regularly
- Participate in formal EH&S reviews of all equipment and site processes on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Operations leadership to ensure all protocol is being met and processes are being followed as designed
- Lead third party audits in relation to EH&S
- Prepare, maintain, and submit records as required by the company and/or regulatory agencies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational EHS, Science, Engineering or related is required.
- 3+ years of Health Safety & Environmental (EH&S) experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Functional EH&S knowledge in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental, risk management, behavior-based safety training, auditing/program review
- Multi-site experience is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and other state and Federal regulatory agencies/requirements
- Proven track record in driving a cultural change in EH&S Ability to communicate and partner with all levels within an organization.
- Must be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks while meeting multiple deadlines in a very fast-paced manufacturing environment
We are drug free workplace, regulated by the FDA, required to follow Federal Guidelines; therefore in order to start as well as maintain employment, you must be able to successfully clear drug screening processes, which include testing for all illegal substances per Federal Guidelines.
Piping Rock Health Products, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
We know talent when we see it. For the right candidates, this is a great place to come to work every day. If it sounds like we're talking about you, we really hope to hear from you.
PipingRock proudly offers comprehensive medical, dental, vision plans to all full-time associates. In addition, voluntary life insurance, flexible spending plans, and short-term disability plans may be optionally added. All full-time associates also receive group term life insurance and long-term disability coverage. Associates are eligible to participate in a 401(k) savings plan with a generous company match.
In response to the COVID 19 pandemic, Piping Rock in its ongoing commitment to associates, has added new, comprehensive safety precautions in all facilities. Associate safety is our top priority.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3900 Veterans Memorial Highway, 3900 Veterans Hwy., Bohemia, New York, United States of America