Education Coordinator - ITP 650 Ridge
· Provides support to Principal regarding supervision/assistance of teachers, therapists and related service providers.
· Works closely with the Lead Principal School Age to supervise and support the ITP Program at 650 Ridge Rd.
· Directly supervises ITP Behavior Support.
· Monitors the development of IEP's for all students in ITP Program at 650 Ridge Rd and ensures compliance with local school district and state regulations. Ensures that all draft IEP's are reviewed prior to IEP meetings to verify quality and accuracy and that guidance and feedback are provided to teachers and administrators regarding the content and quality of documents as needed.
· Coordinates with local school district representatives to facilitate, schedule and monitor compliance of students IEP's.
· Coordinates psychological, educational and related service evaluations or re-evaluations as recommended by the IEP team and local school district. Ensures that evaluations and re evaluations are completed and reviewed within the established timeline to maintain compliance with local school district and New York State Education regulations.
· Provides support to Principal regarding supervision/assistance of teachers, therapists and related service providers pertaining to IEP development. Consults with Principals, teachers and clinical staff regarding recommendations on student's needs. Oversees the preparation of reports and provides recommendations for presentation.
· Acts as the agency representative in CSE meetings for all students in residential care Ensures the accurate distribution of approved IEP's to education team timely manner. Monitors to verify the accurate/timely maintenance of IEP documents and reports in the schools educational charts.
· Works closely with the Principal to ensure collaboration regarding IEP decisions related to school placement recommendations.
· Communicates effectively with the Lead Principal as needed, regarding changes in IEP service hours, discharge dates, etc.
· Coordinate and assist in the administration of New York State Testing, as appropriate.
· Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
· Respects children's and family's rights by recognizing the dignity of each individual and maintaining the confidentiality of all client information.
· Is mindful and respectful of clients' potential trauma history in their interactions and approach to clients and their families.
· Contributes to Performance Improvement at the individual, department, and agency levels.
· Accurately applies knowledge of treatment approaches appropriate to the physical and developmental age of clients served.
· Attends all training and conferences that administration requests to remain informed with IEP, CSE and NY State Testing protocols and procedures.
· Requires thorough knowledge of IEP protocols and procedures for various local school districts, as well as NY State Ed requirements, Medicaid and billing.
· Requires excellent organizational skills in coordinating high volume of placement activities for admission and dismissal of students.
· Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions.
· Requires effective oral/written communication and interpersonal skills for interactions with various individuals both internal and external to the program. Must be able to deal tactfully and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
· Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and to communicate (verbal and written) effectively and appropriately with others.
· Ability to utilize agency resources, technology, and library to provide guidance to staff.
· Ability to work well in a team environment.
· Ability to prioritize and manage workload and deadlines.
· Significant problem solving and diagnostic skills with the ability to quickly analyze situations and adopt an effective course of action.
· Ability to handle stressful and sensitive situations in a professional manner.
· Teamwork ability: Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone, and being personally connected with others on the job.
· Respect: Consideration for self and others.
· Integrity: following your moral or ethical convictions and doing the right thing in all circumstances.
· Accountability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Adaptability: Job requires being open to change and to considerable variety in the workplace.
Education: Minimum Degree Required: Masters in Special Education
- Minimum Teaching Experience Required: 5 years teaching experience
- Administrative Experience preferred
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
- NYS Teaching Certification
- NYS School Building Leader certification
- NYS School District Administrator certification (preferred)
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions.
· The constant physical demand of the position is sitting.
· The frequent physical demands of the position are standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
· The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping,
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Is Supervisor
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Lackawanna, NY, USA