Responsible to: Food Service Director
The food service department helps provide the highest possible quality of life for the individuals we serve by preparing and delivering meals that are healthy, and nutritious, while maintaining a safe and clean environment. The department also provides appropriate and feasible meals, which will reflect personal choices and preferences of the individuals in our care. This position connects the best quality food services to all BVS programs.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Cooks food in quantities according to standardized menus, recipes and number of persons to be served.
2. Follows medically prescribed diet modifications for individual clients.
3. Prepares and serves quality meals with consideration for nutritional adequacy, taste and presentation.
4. Prepares product for catering functions
5. Maintains a sanitary work environment by following agency policies and NYS Health Department guidelines.
6. Operates and maintains food service equipment appropriately.
7. Washes and sanitizes dishes and cookware.
8. Performs all other job-related duties assigned by supervisor.
• Catering and cooking skills
• Customer service skills
• Dependability: Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. See more occupations related to this work style.
• Integrity: Job requires being honest and ethical. See more occupations related to this work style.
• Attention to Detail: Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks. See more occupations related to this work style.
• Adaptability/Flexibility: Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace. See more occupations related to this work style.
• Cooperation: Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
Minimum Degree preferred: high school diploma/ GED equivalent
Minimum Experience Required: 1-2 years food service experience
License/Registration/ Certification: N/A
The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions
• The constant physical demand of the position are standing and walking.
• The frequent physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, climbing, pushing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
• The occasional physical demands of the position are pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling