The Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting and payroll information by maintaining the general ledger accounts and payroll transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Essential Job Duties:
• Participate in month-end/year-end close activities including the review/preparation of journal entries, allocations, and reconciliations.
• Bi-weekly payroll processing to include: follow up on timecard omissions and issues, review of pre-payroll reports, transmission of payroll, assisting employees, etc.
• Compiles, reports, and enters transactions for daily incoming payments and asset management
• Prepares schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end tax/financial audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to accounting/finance processes and workflows.
• Contributes to various projects/business case analysis as needed.
• Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Proficient knowledge and application of GAAP accounting principles, practices and procedures
• Payroll processing experience using established software products
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Strong detail orientation, time management, communication, and organizational skills
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
3+ years of Accounting experience, Healthcare or Human Services preferred.
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
Valid New York State Driver License, auto insurance and ability to accept travel assignments as required.
- The overall nature of the position is sedentary requiring little physical effort with occasional light physical exertion required. There is little, if any, exposure to environmental conditions.
- The frequent physical demands of the position are sitting, standing, walking, climbing, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- The occasional physical demands of the position are lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, and feeling.
$55,341/annually based on year's of applicable experience.
- Pay Type Salary
- Hiring Rate $55,341.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA