The Senior Accountant ensures the integrity of accounting information by maintaining the general ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), analytical work and thorough review of financial records.
Essential Job Duties:
• Responsible for month-end/year-end close activities including the review/preparation journal entries and budget-to-actual reports.
• Prepares/reviews monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and ensure that general ledger accounts are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items.
• Compiles and analyzes information to assist with the preparation of financial statements.
• Maintains chart of accounts.
• Prepare monthly allocation entries.
• Reconciles intercompany accounts and posts adjusting journal entries.
• Prepares schedules for quarterly reviews and year-end tax/financial audit for independent external auditors. Research issues, clarifies information, and prepares supporting data.
• Assists with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures related to accounting/finance processes and workflows.
• Contributes to various projects/business case analysis as needed.
• Adheres to HIPAA and confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP accounting principles, practices and procedures
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word
• Excellent analytical, decision making, communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong financial analysis skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required.
- MBA or CPA, preferred.
- 5+ years of Accounting experience, Healthcare or Human Services preferred.
Required License/Registration/ Certification:
- Valid New York State Driver License
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA