Financial Planning & Analysis Analyst
The FP&A Analyst will assist in the preparation, analysis and completion of Actual, Budgeted and Projected Financial Statements, Cost Reports and Adhoc Financial information for new or modifications to programs.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Understanding of Not for Profit cost reports and financial information. Prepares timely filing of cost reports including fiscal and annual CFR, AHCF and SSOP reports for Agency funding and answers interim funding questions.
2. Supports the Director of FP&A in preparing the annual operating and capital budget, revisions and financial forecasts along with feedback from senior manager and other program leaders. Assists in analysis of funding rate changes and impact on Agency’s financial position.
3. Assists in the consolidated organizational projections and reviews funding requests and expenses for merit.
4. Works with Director of FP&A in the preparation of analytical financial modeling including cashflow and business intelligence (BI) tools.
5. Aids in the development, analysis and preparation of reports for various contract budgets, grants, and funding applications including modifications to programs or new programs. Ensures proposals are complete, accurate, and in compliance with laws and other regulations.
6. Work with managers to monitor, analyze and explain variances and inform them of status and availability of funds.
7. Participate in agency audits and work with auditors to ensure regulatory compliance.
8. Works with various programs and departments to develop, document and maintain effective policies and procedures to manage the financial reporting, budgeting process and cost reporting information.
9. Utilizes expertise with various software systems and technical background to ensure properly executed, accurate, and timely information.
10. Attend and participate in various internal and external (off-site) meetings and trainings as required. Make recommendations on improvement measures based on current best-practices.
• Demonstrates ability to problem solve and work with various levels of management.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and responsibilities in a fast-paced and often stressful environment; strong organizational/time management skills; demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments; ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team to organize tasks and make decisions.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting concepts and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of multi-funded, non-profit organizational structure, laws and governing regulations including preparation of various Not-for-Profit cost reports.
• Ability to work with outside auditors.
• Understanding of grant management, program budgets, and reporting variance analysis.
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to proactively and timely convey information.
• Able to resolve complex issues and implementing strategies to resolve issues.
• Intermediate level skill of Microsoft (Excel and Word).
• Ability to work in multiple software systems.
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance.
• 3+ years of experience in a non-profit financial role including budgets, projections, costs reporting, and financial analysis.
• Valid New York State Driver License
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $55,500.00
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 790 Ridge Rd, Lackawanna, NY 14218, USA