Golf Shop Assistant
As a Golf Shop Assistant at Trophy Lake Golf & Casting, you will be responsible and accountable for the daily operations of the golf shop, and you will coordinate with the Head Golf Professional/Director of Golf to provide exceptional service to our guests. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for guest satisfaction, sales, and financial performance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Golf Shop in achieving targets through the maximization of the tee sheet.
- Use all golf shop related systems efficiently, including EZ Links, Jonas, Eclipse and ValueTec.
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
- Answer the phone within 3 rings.
- Greet guests and assist them throughout their time in the golf shop in a friendly, and courteous manner.
- Always yield to the guest.
- Assist with tournament operations as directed by the Tournament Coordinator and/or Golf Professionals.
- Maintain effective communication between all staff members regarding course operations.
- Lead by example, setting a benchmark of performance in the areas of innovation, motivation, and engagement.
- Use suggestive selling techniques to ensure guests have everything necessary for their round of golf along with their use of property amenities.
- Assist in achieving targets for retail revenues.
- Knowledgeable regarding the Oki Golf program offerings and provide education to guests on the benefits.
- Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Knowledgeable regarding hours of operation, pace of play, group event detail, as well as FAQ sheet.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments while being in the public eye.
- Must have a passion for serving guests and their satisfaction is your satisfaction in a job well done.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards, attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- BA, degree, college or university program certificate preferred; or two to four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of the golf business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $15.74
- Max Hiring Rate $16.25
- 3900 SW Lake Flora Rd, Port Orchard, WA 98367, USA