Golf Course Superintendent
As the Golf Course Superintendent at the Golf Club at Redmond Ridge, you will manage the golf course maintenance, equipment repair & maintenance, clubhouse grounds, landscaping, and related structures and buildings (pump stations, comfort stations, etc.). You are also directly involved in hiring, training, and providing direction for team members within company-set processes and guidelines. In conjunction with the property General Manager, you will be responsible for meeting or exceeding the established standards for guest satisfaction as well as labor cost control/management. This position is eligible for an annual bonus equal to 10% of the base salary amount.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality products and profit contributions to the company.
- Daily implementation & adherence to Oki Golf universal standards.
- Maintain a daily record log for weather, course conditioning, cultural practices, equipment maintenance, fertilizer, and pesticide applications, etc.
- Encourage, mentor, coach, train, and develop team members to ensure their maximum value to Oki Golf so that the guest experience is realized.
- Ensure a proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA and Oki Golf guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Interview and hire positions of the turf department; equipment manager, irrigation and spray technician, and all seasonal team members.
- Lead by example. Set the benchmark of performance for the department in the areas of motivation, sense of ownership, and dedication to product quality.
- Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Complete administrative tasks such as scheduling, performance reviews, and editing time for payroll functions in a timely manner.
- Supervise team members by carrying out responsibilities in accordance with Oki Golf policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning, and at times performing activities of team members.
- Implement new methods and procedures designed to minimize operational costs and maximize resources.
- Schedule to proper business levels and within budgeted staffing guides.
- Positive and proactive supervisory, leadership by example, management, and coaching skills.
- Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate on various levels including team members, guests, vendors, and contractors, always showing tact and diplomacy as a senior representative of Oki Golf.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or two-year certificate in Turf Science, Landscape, Agronomy or similar field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a golf course superintendent or related property.
- Restricted Pesticide License.
- Ability to compute rates, ratios, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, volumes of cones, cylinders, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Knowledge of ordering/purchasing, inventory control, budget management, and P&L accountability.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the key objectives of the property, department, and position.
- Knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office, e-mail, and the Internet.
- Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up sleeves” and lead by positive example.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
- Independent decisions are made with sound judgment and are consistent with Oki Golf core values.
- Ability to calibrate sprayers, spreaders, scientific instruments, computer software, irrigation systems, etc.
- Basic understanding of preventative maintenance systems.
- Basic understanding of mechanical operations of engines and hydraulics for the guidance of equipment managers.
- Basic understanding of irrigation systems and components related to best practices in consideration of agronomics.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds frequently.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts (and associated noise levels related to) and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
The Golf Club at Redmond Ridge
Nestled in the watershed of Redmond, Washington, The Golf Club at Redmond Ridge offers 18 holes of championship golf designed by celebrated architect Gary Panks. Just a short drive from Seattle, The Golf Club at Redmond Ridge is a world-class property that provides guests with a consistently exceptional experience by offering championship golf, outstanding dining, and an uncompromising standard of service. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Turf
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $85,000.00
- 11825 Trilogy Pkwy NE, Redmond, WA 98053, USA