Irrigation Technician (Full-Time)
The Irrigation Tech at Washington National Golf Club, under the supervision of the Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Golf Course Superintendent, is responsible for the programming, operation, and maintenance of the golf course irrigation system(s). The Irrigation Specialist is required to report any irregularities in course turf quality to the superintendent or assistant superintendent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate irrigation heads in dry areas needing additional water.
- Repair the irrigation system, pipes and irrigation heads as needed.
- Complete requests for irrigation and course parts and supplies.
- Grade and prepare soil base, lay sod, and seed and water greens, tees, and fairways.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and properly.
- Operate dump trucks and other light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris.
- Promptly report any equipment issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment by following all safety rules and wearing appropriate safety equipment including safety helmets, ear protection, and non-skid shoes.
- Occasionally supervise a small labor force for special projects, and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome and the willingness to assist the guest. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and invitation to return.
- Always yield to the guest.
- Maintaining a clean work environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Working knowledge of basic electricity and hydraulics related to an irrigation system, including automatic valves and controllers, and working knowledge of various types of pumps and pumping systems.
- Understanding of agronomy, turf grass science and the rules of golf.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area maintenance work.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- 2 years of golf course or sports field experience
- Ability to follow company policy/procedures, complying with all administrative responsibilities
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the team member must:
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts (and associated noise levels related to) and outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Turf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA