Tournament Event Coordinator
As a Tournament Event Coordinator at Washington National Golf Club, you will be responsible to complete event coordination from the time contract is received to the day of execution for 200 seasonal events. Ensure superior product and service standards as outlined by Oki Golf for all events. Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Golf as related to event coordination, communication, and execution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication with vendors’ coordinator and coordinator's team/board
- Create and communicate welcome packets, and set up sheets for the vendors and BEO's for and with all departments at the Golf Club at Newcastle
- Communication with the tournament sales team
- Work closely with golf and catering teams to ensure flawless day-of-event execution
- Conduct Site Tours
- Manage tee sheet blocks in relation to event size and scheduled play
- Conduct and participate in event planning meetings for golf and catering
- Create all day-of event execution materials to include cart signs, scorecards, rules sheet, scoreboards, sponsor signs, KP & LD contests, on-course required setup sheets, and tournament summary sheets
- Ensure superior product and service standards as outlined by Oki Golf for all events
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess excellent analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Great communicator; both verbally and written
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected
- Ability to lead and build teams and motivate them
- Must have a passion for serving guests and their satisfaction is your satisfaction in a job well done.
- Consistently achieve high work standards, attention to detail, and accuracy
- BA, degree, college, or university program certificate preferred; or one to two years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of the golf business.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week)
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA