Assistant Golf Pro
The Assistant Golf Professional at Washington National Golf Club will be responsible for assisting in the management of the golf operation relating to delivering an exceptional golf experience including managing the golf shop, promoting the game and Oki Golf, teaching lessons, assisting with, and executing events, and providing any other additional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience. Heavy emphasis on communication, service, and professionalism to guests and other departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional advice pertaining to the game and equipment and assistance to all guests and members.
- Control and manage daily tee sheets and play; ensure efficient and correct guest check-in and fee collection.
- Provide instruction to members and guests including individual lessons, clinics, and player development programs
- Assist in managing and executing internal and external golf events to ensure events run efficiently and professionally.
- Use all golf shop-related systems efficiently including but not limited to LightSpeed and Golf Genius.
- Assist in the management of golf cart fleet including maintenance and ensuring golf carts are up to Oki standards for clean and safety as directed by the Director of Golf.
- Implement & adhere to Oki Golf universal standards on a daily basis.
- Understand Oki Golf’s definition of guest service and embody the service philosophy.
- Directly supervise staff by carrying out the responsibilities in accordance with Oki Golf policies and procedures. This will include planning, assigning, and at times performing activities of team members supervised.
- Assist in staffing the golf operation including recruiting, hiring, and training of Golf Shop, Player Assistant, and Guest Service staff.
- Encourage, mentor, coach, train, and develop team members to ensure their maximum value to The Golf Club at Newcastle so that the guest experience is realized.
- Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility.
- Lead by example. Set the benchmark of performance for the department in the areas of motivation, sense of ownership, and dedication to the quality of the product.
- Supervise and assist in merchandising including receiving, displaying, taking inventory, and promoting golf shop sales. Have a thorough knowledge of all Oki Golf programs and be able to effectively educate and sell to guests.
- Positive "can do" attitude to overall guest service and guest experience.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multitask while remaining focused on key objectives.
- Make sound decisions based on Oki Golf's core values and Product and Service Standards.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as the business demands
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Positive and proactive attitude relating to guest service and overall guest experience.
- Group/Corporate event execution.
- Ability to communicate on various levels including team members, the senior leadership team, members, guests, vendors, and contractors, always showing tact and diplomacy as an Oki golf team member.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and the Internet.
- Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up their sleeves” and lead by positive example.
- Independent decisions are made with sound judgment and are consistent with Oki Golf's core values.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Started PGM program with PGA and/or progressing towards PGA membership and maintain active classification in the PGA of America.
- Ability to follow company policy/procedures, complying with all administrative responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for long periods, not exceeding 4 hours.
- Have the ability to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $24.00
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA