Head Golf Professional
The Head Golf Professional at Washington National Golf Club will manage all aspects of golf operations related to delivering an exceptional golf experience through the use and training of our Universal Product and Service Standards. This includes selection, training, development, and management of both year-round and seasonal team members, maximizing the tee sheet, merchandising, building golf programs, and increasing memberships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality products and profit contributions to the company.
- Ensure excellent guest experience by being responsive, following up in a timely manner, and following through on commitments.
- Use all golf shop-related systems efficiently.
- Manage and oversee internal events for members.
- Assist in the coordination of external outside golf events with the Sales Team. Ensure day-of tournament execution of the event is efficient, professional, and provides a great experience.
- Ensure the golf cart fleet is well maintained and cleaned daily according to the clean standard.
- Manage, maintain, and make recommendations to our buyer for merchandise appropriate to the facility demographic.
- Recruit, hire, and train Golf Shop, Player Assistant, and Guest Service team members in accordance with Oki Golf operating procedures. Follow the prescribed orientation process to set each team member up for success.
- Ensure a proper safe work environment to include compliance with OSHA/WISHA and Oki Golf guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Understand, foster, and formulate strategies for the growth and development of team members.
- Lead by example; establish and embody the benchmark of performance to the department in the areas of motivation, sense of ownership, and dedication to quality of product.
- Hold all team members accountable for their areas of responsibility using Oki Golf position descriptions and clearly articulated expectations.
- Maintain open lines of communication between the golf shop staff and golf maintenance staff and work together to facilitate outings to ensure the highest level of guest experience.
- Manage monthly expenses to the budget, minimizing expenses and overtime.
- Conduct monthly Golf Shop merchandise inventory maintaining a less than 1% variance.
- Supervise and manage facility tee sheets to maximize play and make recommendations for additional revenue generation.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Maintain active classification in the PGA of America.
- Class A PGA Certification is preferred
- Head Golf Professional experience is preferred but we will consider Assistant Golf Professionals with a minimum of 2 years of assistant experience at a high-volume 18-hole facility.
- Positive and proactive supervisory, leadership, management, and coaching skills. Ability to support company decisions and to always communicate to team members from the company perspective.
- Possess good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Thorough knowledge of ordering/purchasing, inventory control, budget management, and P&L accountability.
- Ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the critical objectives of the position.
- Proficient in computer skills to include (but not limited to) Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and the Internet.
- Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up sleeves” and lead by positive example.
- Must be willing to grow and be challenged in the Head Golf Professional role as Oki Golf strives for continuous improvement.
- Possess the ability to work within established guidelines and standards ensuring brand consistency for both Oki Golf and the Head Golf professional’s assigned property.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Work weekends and holidays, mornings, and evenings as business demands.
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds, occasionally.
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis.
- Have the stamina to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time, not to exceed 4 hours.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ for more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Full time
- Min Hiring Rate $60,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,000.00
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA