As the Banquet Captain at Washington National Golf Club, you will be responsible and accountable for the proactive leadership, direction, and support of the banquet team through the management of fundamental activities necessary to carry out the function as dictated by the banquet event order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the setup and follow-through of banquet events.
- Exercise a strong knowledge of the facility and specific event expectations.
- Provide clear instructions to other banquet team members.
- Provide assistance in the initial stages of inquiries regarding events.
- Provide full support to the event host on the day of the event.
- Have a thorough understanding and working knowledge of all banquet menu items including but not limited to pricing, descriptions, ingredients, and preparations.
- Work closely with the Banquet Manager and ensure his/her instructions are followed.
- Give clear directions to fellow team members involved in event execution.
- Work directly with the event supervisor throughout the function.
- Assist the Food and Beverage team.
- Assist the Tournament Coordinator.
- Be able to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as business demands.
- Adjust staffing levels based on business needs.
- Provide perspective on ways to minimize costs or increase potential profits through day-to-day activities.
- Act as a cost-conscious employee when making decisions that could impact the financial success of the organization from one event to the next.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills - both written and verbal.
- Must possess a strong eye for detail to ensure tasks are completed efficiently and according to specifications.
- Able to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Proven capabilities to lead and manage people and processes in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must be adaptive, flexible, and empathetic.
- Must be responsive to customer needs in an efficient and professional manner.
- Able to provide immediate, proactive, and sound decisions when dealing with guest needs.
- Strong team-building skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate, and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines.
- Must be willing to assist team members in daily responsibilities to drive processes that support the business.
- Committed to learning, personal growth, continual process improvement, and staff/team development.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly and be self-motivated
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work individually, as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, guests, and suppliers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, portions, and percentages.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally
- May include outdoor work and exposure to related weather conditions including, but not limited to sunshine, wind, rain, and warm and cool temperatures.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
Washington National Golf Club
Designed by award-winning architect John Fought, Washington National Golf Club is the proud home to the University of Washington’s Men’s and Women’s golf teams. The focus of the Home of the Huskies is the golf experience and the world-class course, comprehensive practice facility, and exceptional service make Washington National a popular destination for tournaments, group outings, and recreational golfers. The golf club offers a wide variety of options for job seekers including golf, restaurant, banquet, turf, and administrative positions.
- Job Family Banquets
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Part time
- Min Hiring Rate $17.25
- Max Hiring Rate $18.25
- 14330 SE Husky Way, Auburn, WA 98092, USA