As a member of the Player Assistant Team at The Golf Club at Hawks Prairie, you are responsible for monitoring the pace of play of guests along the golf course using a prescribed format of recordkeeping. You are responsible to assist groups that have fallen behind the pace of play using a positive service approach, and you are responsible for being an ambassador of the golf course, engaging in appropriate dialogue with guests regardless of their pace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Player Assistant professional provides service by explaining the course etiquette regarding the pace of play. Exceptional service in the following positions:
- Initiate contact with guests while on course and explain their position relative to other groups and the preferred pace of play.
- Must be proactive in anticipating the guest’s needs and engaging in the commiserate level of guest interaction.
- Always yield to the guest.
- Must effectively communicate all pertinent information amongst his/her team members and supervisory staff regarding daily operations.
- Initiate contact with guests within 15 feet, with a sincere welcome. At the conclusion of the guest’s visit, offer a genuine thank you and an invitation to return.
- Able to tactfully perform 1st tee welcome script provided by the company.
- Must uphold a clean and orderly appearance and be dressed in uniform at the start of each shift.
- Assist in maintaining a clean environment including picking up trash in visible areas and eliminating clutter.
- Maintain knowledge of daily events, FAQ sheet, hours of operation, pace of play, and group event details.
- Suggestive selling at every opportunity by informing guests of additional items available for purchase and your personal recommendations.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Exceptional ability to monitor the pace of play on the golf course without appearing intrusive or "marshaling".
- Previous guest service experience where delivering a difficult message was required.
- Ability to work well under pressure and balance multiple priorities and assignments.
- Must be highly service focused with a desire to engage with guests.
- Demonstrated initiative – the ability to think, work, and make decisions to solve guest concerns based on sound judgment.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards, attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness are a must.
High school diploma or G.E.D. or two years experience in a similar customer service environment.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from guests, team members, or supervisory personnel.
- Good understanding of the game of golf as well as golf etiquette.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions as to course of action.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the team member must:
- Lift, reach, bend, twist, push, pull, squat, grasp, and use arm-hand coordination on a consistent basis
- Have the ability to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Be able to work weekends and holidays, mornings and evenings as business demands.
- Must be able to stand for up to four hours.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
Oki Golf offers an impressive collection of benefits! Some benefits include:
ALL TEAM MEMBERS:
- Golf benefits for free play, guest passes, and visits to all 8 Oki courses.
- 50% discount on shift meals
- 25% discount for you and up to four guests (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Flexible work environment
- 401K with company match
- Paid sick time
- Team Member Referral Program participation and more!
FULL-TIME TEAM MEMBERS: (regularly working 35+ hrs/week):
- Medical/dental/vision/telehealth coverage
- FSA options
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability
- Paid vacation
- Holiday pay
Visit okigolf.com/careers/ to view more information about Oki Golf's history, company culture, and commitment to diversity.
- Job Family Golf
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Min Hiring Rate $15.74
- Max Hiring Rate $16.00
- 8383 Vicwood Ln NE, Lacey, WA 98516, USA