Residential Program Worker
Oak Hill is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Residential Program Worker (RPW) to provide direct support to individuals with Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities. This person will inspire others and make a life changing impact while achieving professional growth and personal fulfillment. Oak Hill sets the standard, partnering with people with disabilities, to provide services and solutions promoting independence, education, health, and dignity. This role will help expand Oak Hill’s ability to identify and address diverse needs within the community. Along with the individuals we serve, Oak Hill is committed to empowering our staff. When you join our team as an RPW, our team will support you to reach your career goals. We offer professional development, tuition reimbursement, and career pathways that allow you to develop your career while an Oak Hill employee.
About the position:
The RPW at Oak Hill’s Bozrah Location works 40 hours/week: Tuesday-Friday 1pm-9pm and Saturday 2pm-10pm. The RPW provides a range of services for individuals based on their needs, in their home and in their community. This includes but is not limited to personal care, domestic household services, personal appointments, medical appointments, vocational services, community activities, supervision within the home, and other tasks based upon their individual goals. Applicants with no experience and interested in entering the direct care field with a desire to serve people with disabilities, or individuals seeking a career change are encouraged to apply to this position.
- High school diploma or GED
- At least age 18
- Valid driver’s license
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time, Plus Paid Holidays
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (Oak Hill pays 50% of your medical deductible)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (Oak Hill contributes 5% at no cost to you)
- Free and Low-Cost Life Insurance Options and Free Long-term Disability Insurance
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities; Tuition Reimbursement; Career Pathways
- Staff Recognition and Appreciation
- Paid Training, Education, and Certification as necessary (including CPR training)
This is a union position and pays $17.25 – $18.15 per hour dependent on shift.
- Provides information for program maintenance and evaluation, and meets Oak Hill’s policies, procedures, licensing and certification regulations by collecting, recording and charting data, including electronically maintained records.
- Maintains program participants’ cleanliness, comfort and well-being and facilitates the development and maintenance of self-help and daily living skills by providing guidance and assistance in the completion of personal hygiene tasks.
- Facilitates program implementation by preparing materials for program participant-related activities or projects as needed.
- Maintains program participant’s health and well-being by promoting/encouraging self-administration of prescription and non-prescription medications; administering medication; documenting medication administration, and any errors which may occur, as specified in Oak Hill’s policies and procedures; observing and reporting on changes in behavior, physical and mental appearance to so that issues can be addressed as needed.
- Protects program participants and employees by applying Emergency First Aid and CPR procedures
- Observes and maintains confidentiality by treating information regarding program participants with discretion and complying with all applicable policies and procedures protecting the identity and medical information of program participants.
- Pay Type Hourly