About the Position:
The Investigation Specialist functions as the lead investigator of allegations of abuse, neglect, and other reportable incidents to DDS, DCF, or other state entities.
The investigation Specialist responds to allegations of abuse, neglect, and other reportable incidents with an unbiased focus on the investigatory question and review of facts. The Investigation Specialist will collect documentary, testimonial, and tertiary evidence on which to develop findings of fact, recommendations, and a comprehensive investigatory report. Working with the Investigation Oversight and Compliance Supervisor, the Investigation Specialist will review, edit, and submit the investigatory report and follow up on any recommendations received from the relevant oversight body. Background checks will be done in accordance with the provisions of Public Act 16-67, and the Conn. Gen. Stat. Section 10-221d which requires private schools to obtain fingerprint-based state and national criminal history record information on applicants and employees. This position is an excellent opportunity for someone who desires meaningful work. Oak Hill offers great benefits such as competitive wages, health insurance, retirement, tuition reimbursement and a generous time off package.
- Certified State of Connecticut Department of Developmental Services Investigator
- 5 years of work in the I/DD field and 2-3 years of investigation experience
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time, Plus Paid Holidays
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits (Oak Hill pays 50% of your medical deductible)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan (Oak Hill contributes 5% at no cost to you)
- Free and Low-Cost Life Insurance Options and Free Long-term Disability Insurance
- Excellent Professional Development Opportunities; Tuition Reimbursement; Career Pathways
- Staff Recognition and Appreciation
- Paid Training, Education, and Certification as necessary (including CPR training)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Investigation Specialist is responsible for conducting timely investigations into all allegations of abuse, neglect and other reportable incidents referred by state oversight agencies for investigation.
- Maintain an unbiased focus on the investigatory question through reliance on evidentiary review and findings of fact.
- Review allegation to develop investigatory questions, preliminary list of documentary evidence, witness list for interview, and secure any physical evidence using best practice evidentiary techniques.
- Schedule timely review of physical location to secure any physical evidence.
- Schedule timely witness interviews with an understanding of the half-life of testimonial evidence.
- As the investigation proceeds, develop evidence into summary investigatory report, including exhibits supporting investigatory statements, findings, and recommendations.
- Develop and submit comprehensive and complete investigatory report within Oak Hill mandated timelines.
- Meet regularly with the Investigation Oversight and Compliance Supervisor to review pending, outstanding, and prior investigations, including the need to revise investigatory reports or further investigate certain aspects of an investigation based on internal or regulatory feedback.
- Work collaboratively with team members throughout Oak Hill and external partners to assure a comprehensive investigation that meets DDS and other state entity requirements for comprehensive investigatory process and report.
- Provide follow-up to DDS and other state agencies in compliance with recommendations from investigations.
- Pay Type Salary