(NJNG Union) Meter Reader - Temp
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you’ll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources, is seeking a Temporary Meter Reader in our Ocean Division to read residential/industrial gas meters utilizing company-provided technology.
- One (1) year experience working on field routes, including navigation and ability to read maps
- One (1) year experience working outdoors in all elements of weather
- Six (6) months experience in piping work and mechanical aptitude preferred
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Demonstrated ability to be accurate in work product
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated customer focus skills
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license, and demonstrated safe driving
- Demonstrated ability to work safely
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and deliver results
Physical Work Activities Include:
- ability to bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- ability to lift heavy objects
- ability to use hands
- ability to work in various outdoor weather conditions
- ability to drive a company vehicle
*The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
- Job Function Union
- Pay Type Hourly
- Lakewood Office, 775 Vassar Avenue, Lakewood, New Jersey, United States of America