Full Time Cashier
At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $14.50 - 16.66 hourly
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
Do you like hosting parties? At Nebraska Furniture Mart every customer is a guest and every staff member is a host at the largest home furnishings party on the planet! As a Cashier you’ll be one of the first and last faces our customers interact with as they create the home that they love.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Be a Good Host: Be a friendly, welcoming face for our customers
- Connect: Relate with our customers through conversation
- Be Precise: Follow the process to ensure error-free customer orders
- Be Memorable: Establish a lasting, positive impression that creates customers for life
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Some customer service/cash handling experience preferred
- Professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Bilingual speaking is a bonus
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Cashiering
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kansas City, 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America