At Nebraska Furniture Mart (NFM), we’ve been hiring friends since 1937—people who share our passion for helping customers feel right at home. If you share our vision, we invite you to be one of us! People love working here! Named one of Furniture Today’s Best places to work, and here a few reasons why: A FUN, stable work environment, with no layoffs in our history. A safe place to work and shop, development opportunities leading you to the career of your dreams and a culture that encourages volunteering and serving our communities.
Pay Range: $44,000 - 159,000 annually (100% Commission Based)
Job Description: Your Piece of the Puzzle
This is not your typical sales job! A career in sales at Nebraska Furniture Mart means helping our loyal customers create a home that they love. As a sales professional you’ll have access to an unparalleled product selection at unbeatable prices. Our customers come to you – no cold calling! Our top sales professionals can make over $130,000 per year.
Job Duties: A Day in the Life
- Be Positive: Be a go-getter! Make a positive first impression
- Connect: Create lasting relationships with customers and build your referral pipeline
- Be the Expert: Know your customers, know your products – find the perfect fit
- Play your Part: Maintain order accuracy
- Leave your Mark: Create customers for life
Your work will directly impact our ability to help people create a lifestyle they love, for the people they love—because that’s what we love.
Qualifications: Can You Check These Boxes?
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Some sales experience preferred
- Professional appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Bilingual speaking is a bonus
- Pre-employment screening includes, but isn’t limited to, criminal background check
Benefits: What’s in It for You?
As a full-time member of our NFM Family, you will enjoy:
- Same day pay - access to your earned pay on-demand, when you need it the most
- Competitive pay - generous annual increases up to 7%
- Inclusive culture – Because everyone who works or shops at NFM should feel right at home
- Health, dental, vision, life Insurance, short and long term disability
- Paid holidays (upon hire) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Staff discount on merchandise (Collectively, NFM staff have saved almost $2 million on purchases in the last 12 months)
- Virtual and in-person career development opportunities at all levels
- Paid community volunteer opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- You’ll start saving for your retirement immediately in NFM’s 401(k) and you’re eligible for company match after one year. NFM’s 401(k) also offers Berkshire Stock as an investment option
Nebraska Furniture Mart is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Job Family Sales
- Job Function Non-Manager
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kansas City, 1601 Village West Pkwy, Kansas City, Kansas, United States of America