Athletics Monitor - Recreation
The Athletics Monitors supports and assists the Athletics Division Chiefs, Recreation Coordinators, and Recreation Specialists by serving as on-site personnel during recreation department seasonal activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serves as authority figure representing the Mount Pleasant Recreation Department (MPRD) at assigned facility.
- Supervises scorekeepers, timekeepers, referees, participants, spectators, etc. that are assigned or at the facility.
- Enforces rules, regulations, and policies of the Town of Mount Pleasant.
- Resolves issues and solves problems as quickly as possible; reports or refers unsolved problems to higher supervisor through approved chain of command.
- Reports to the R.L. Jones Center one hour prior to start of scheduled activity to clock in and pick up filed assigned information.
- Reports to the assigned facility no later than thirty (30) minutes prior to scheduled start of a specified activity or as assigned.
- Ensures all athletic personnel have arrived for each event; i.e. scorekeepers, timekeepers, referees, participants, etc.
- Opens all restrooms and buildings, turns on appropriate lights.
- Assists in maintaining equipment to ensure safe and good working conditions.
- Reports general maintenance, damage, broken, or dangerous equipment.
- Ensures proper set up, field markings, inspects trash cans, and cleans debris.
- Maintains records and turns in facility summary report with score sheets to the R.L. Jones Center of that night’s activity.
- Interacts with public in a positive matter.
- Completes and reports injuries and ejections as necessary.
- Provides awareness of inclement weather and field regulations during lightning, rain, and other conditions and designated MPRD safety procedures.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School diploma or equivalent and six months of related work experience;
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- First Aid/ CPR, AED and Darkness To Light certifications/training are required within one year of employment.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $15.30
- South Carolina, USA