Community Service Officer - Level One - Police
The Community Service Officer receives, routes, and processes a variety of calls from the public and administration, enters and maintains Department records, and provides assistance to the public, vendors, attorneys and other professionals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The employee receives, routes, and processes all incoming Police department telephone calls.
- Completes walk-in and telephone incident reports for past occurred crimes.
- Assist the public, vendors, attorneys, and other professionals at the public service window of the police department.
- Assist officers, clerk of court employees, town solicitor and other town employees at the police service window.
- Assist with FOIA Requests as needed.
- After extensive training, the employee will be certified in the use of the National Crime Institute Computer (NCIC) and will be responsible for entering and removing wanted persons, missing persons, and stolen/recovered articles from this database.
- Answers HIT responses when another agency is out with one of our wanted or missing persons or stolen property.
- Receives and issues receipts for payments from citizens, attorneys, or insurance companies.
- Fulfill expungement requests (destruction of arrest records), ordered by a judge through the Municipal or General Sessions Court.
- Gathers information from SCDMV files for officers and the Town Solicitor’s office.
- Enters calls for service into the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.
- Reviews scanned attachments to incident reports by officers to verify information has been uploaded to the parent case.
- Answers requests from insurance companies, attorneys, and citizens for documented collision reports.
- The office is a 24-hour office and as such employees work 4 ten hour shifts per week. Shifts rotate every six weeks.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- One (1) year of work experience that shows an ability to maintain steady employment in any field;
- Valid South Carolina driver’s license is required.
- Possession and maintenance of NCIC Operator and Instructor certifications is required after hire.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $18.77
- Max Hiring Rate $23.46
- South Carolina, USA