Scorekeeper - Recreation
The Scorekeeper supports and assists the Athletics Division Chief, Coordinators, and Recreation Specialists by serving as on-site personnel during Recreation Department seasonal activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reports to the assigned facility 30 minutes prior to scheduled start of a specified activity or as assigned.
- Aids Facility Supervisor in reporting general maintenance, damage, broken, or dangerous equipment.
- Maintains score sheets and turns sheets in to Facility Supervisor at the end of games.
- Aids Facility Supervisor during weigh in of football players prior to participation in games.
- Interacts with public in a positive matter.
- Aids the Supervisor in completing and reporting injuries and ejections as necessary.
- Enrolls with Rainedout.com, the electronic program for all inclement weather field cancellations.
- Provides awareness of inclement weather and field regulations during lightning, rain, and other conditions and designated MPRD safety procedures.
- Wears proper attire necessary for job requirement.
- Performs other related assigned duties.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Age 16 and up;
- Preferred sports related background;
- First Aid, CPR, and AED desirable, Mount Pleasant Recreation does offer training. Must be trained and certified prior to assigned work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various types of recreation activities;
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the MPRD;
- Knowledge of rules relating to athletic leagues and games;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
The work requires some agility and physical strength, such as moving in or about recreation sites, or standing or walking most of the work period. Occasionally, work may require lifting objects and carrying up to 30 pounds. There may be need to stretch and reach to retrieve materials. Usually, the work will require extended physical effort over a significant portion of the workday.
The work environment involves exposure to outside elements. Noise or physical surroundings may be distracting, but conditions are generally not unpleasant.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.24
- South Carolina, USA