Nursing Onboarding Coordinator
Nursing Onboarding Coordinator
The primary purpose of your job is to function as a liaison between the HR Department and the Nursing Management team to facilitate the hiring and onboarding of new nursing staff members. Additionally, this job is responsible for coordination of the RST program.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position (signified by an asterisk). However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor and manage position control for the nursing department.
- Monitor job requisitions and applicants within the nursing department
- Assign applicants to appropriate managers for review and interview
- Schedule interviews for nursing leadership
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with HR to ensure smooth and timely recruitment fulfillment.
- Facilitate the welcoming/onboarding experience with the orientees and their direct managers.
- Communicate effectively with workforce coaches regarding the specific needs of new hires.
- Coordinate and facilitate the Resident Service Technician program
- Assign new RST’s to neighborhoods based on organizational need.
- Facilitate the evaluation process of RST’s with the nurse managers.
- Assist Education Department in selection and offering CNA program to RSTs
- Check in at least weekly with RSTs (either individually or as a group) to ensure effective communication and brainstorming solutions to any barriers for success.
- Organization and self directed work necessary.
- High School Degree or equivalent with 3 years of health care staffing experience or HR experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Word.
- Ability to problem solve and critically think to effectively implement change for improvement
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee may be exposed to indoor temperature fluctuations.
SUPERVISORY RELATIONSHIP: Under guidance of manager, assists with training of new staff.
The employee is required to ensure personal safety, monitor work environment and make necessary improvements while ensuring the safety of others to include, adhering to regulations set by OSHA, DOH, and facility regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc. Tasks involved in this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Maintain confidentiality of all information related to the organization, residents, participants, family and staff, that may be encountered, either formally or informally, during the normal course of business. This includes medical and treatment records, financial and human resources information
I have read this position description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position of JOB TITLE and agree to perform the identified essential functions in a safe manner and in accordance with the facility’s established procedures. I understand that as a result of my employment, I may be exposed to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants (including tobacco smoke), and hazardous chemicals and that the facility will provide to me instructions on how to prevent and control such exposures. I further understand that I may also be exposed to the Hepatitis B Virus and that the facility will make available to me, free of charge, the hepatitis B vaccination.
I understand that my employment is at-will and thereby my employment can be terminated at-will either by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice. However, in the event that I chose to resign my position, I will give notice a minimum two week notice.
Date Employee Signature
Date Manager Signature
- Pay Type Hourly