Health Information Management Associate
Health Information Management Associate
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is looking for a dynamic full time Health Information Management Associate (H.I.M) for the St. Ann’s Home Neighborhood Admin Support Team. The purpose of this position is to extend Health Information Management Services to resident/patient facing areas in providing effective and efficient management of all H.I.M related activities.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Full Time Position
- Health, Vision & Dental plans
- Life Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- and other generous perks!
- Serves as an extension of the HIM Department in supporting SAC’s interdisciplinary team under the direction of the HIM Coordinator and Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager, HIM Standards, and per Federal and State guidelines.
- Provides support and assistance to the clinical staff in navigating the E.H.R system, Vision.
- Provides support and assistance to the clinical staff with understanding and mapping of Vision documentation work flows.
- Responsible for entering resident/patient demographic information into Vision upon admission and updates as needed.
- Responsible for generating and maintaining resident activity schedules and resident calendars upon admission.
- Responsible for scanning and attaching all resident’s “hard-copy” clinical documentation into Vision as directed in the SAC Scan Process and Attachment Location Guidelines.
- Responsible for attaching designated logo’s to resident/patient’s picture to alert clinical staff of additional steps needed when providing care and treatment. (i.e.: Heart Matters logo)
- Provides support and assistance to the clinical staff in scheduling and follow-up for all regulatory provider visits.
- Completes and processes requisitions and/or referral for SAC ancillary services. (i.e.: Dental)
- Completes and processes physician referrals for outside providers per MD orders.
- Provides support and assistance to clinical staff during the discharge process.
- Provides support and assistance to clinical staff during resident/patient hospital transfers.
- Responsible for forwarding all necessary discharge and medical record information to the residents/patients primary care physician, specialist and/or surgeon for aftercare follow-up.
- Guides SAC clinical staff of SAC’s HIPAA and Hi-Tech Security policy related to releasing resident/patient medical record documentation to the resident/patient, family members and /or an outside entity.
- Responsible for conducting audits and generating reports within Vision to identify possible documentation concerns and/or clinical work flow issues.
- Reports audit findings to the unit NM, and CC, HIM Coordinator and to the Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager for follow-up.
- Conducts/performs assigned medical record audits in Vision as assigned by HIM Coordinator and/or Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager.
- Support, assist and cover fellow HIM Associates during special projects, and cover shifts when out on PTO or STO as directed by HIM Coordinator and/or Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager.
- Create and maintain Encounter Forms that are prepopulated with resident demographic information for provider billing.
- Alerts HIM Technicians of resident condition changes to generate a chart review for capturing current ICD-10 diagnosis codes.
- Communicates with HIM Coordinator and/or Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager possible conflict or unethical behavior upon the unit.
- Assume responsibility for timely submission of monthly/yearly reports to the HIM Coordinator and/or Corporate Compliance Officer/HIM Manager as directed.
- Liaison to ITS Help Desk for service and repairs of the unit’s copier/scanner/fax machine equipment. Assures the machine has necessary supplies on hand for unit staff to utilize.
- Shares the responsibility of taking, transcribing and sharing the HIM Department monthly meetings.
- Experience working with the Geriatric Population Required
- Knowledge of Medical records, including medical terminology and NYS DOH Annual Survey process Required
- Staff scheduling experience Preferred
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly