Health Information Service Technician
Health Information Management Technician
Join us in caring for the most important people on Earth. We reward hard – working and caring professionals with competitive pay, great benefits, and career growth opportunities.
St. Ann’s Community is looking for a dynamic Full time Health Information Management Technician (H.I.M) for the St. Ann’s Home team located on the Portland campus. The purpose of this position is to assist the HIM department in providing effective and efficient management of all medical record services in accordance with accepted standards.
St. Ann’s Community Offers:
- Year – end bonus
- Competitive wages
- Full time (30hrs/wk.)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account/Flex spending
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement/Scholarship opportunities
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Act as Liaison for Billing Services for processing Physician Encounter Forms for LTC, TCC, Private Practice and Wound Care residents/patients.
- Review Encounter Forms for completeness, assign ICD10 diagnosis codes as needed, and electronically scan all provider submitted encounter forms for storage.
- Closeout discharged/expired charts in strict compliance with New York State regulations in resident E.H.R.
- Manage the Release of Information process including updating the resident HIPAA Log in residents E.H.R.
- Create and maintain the “Admission Diagnosis” and “Resident Diagnosis” listings within residents E.H.R. for billing and clinical purposes.
- Submit clinical Resident medical record documentation to payers as required per contract for continued coverage and expedited appeals.
- Act as Liaison between SAC and Livanta, (CMS’s QIS Contractor) for resident/family generated insurance cut appeal and audit notifications.
- Maintain the HIM Help Desk Tickets within ticketing system.
- Assumes responsibility for timely submission of monthly reports to the HIM Manager based on work completed.
- Organize and scan all inactive / discharged / expired medical record “hard copy” documentation into multiple E.H.R. systems.
- Order all department office supplies as needed or directed by HIM Manager.
- Coordinate the Death Certificate process between community funeral directors and SAC medical staff.
- Management of all incoming and outgoing mail.
- Attach Identified Logos to residents picture in E.H.R System
- Manage/mail/fax all Immunization Release of Information requests for active residents/patients per NYS DOH Guidelines.
- Share the responsibility of monitoring and responding to HIM Help Desk tickets.
- Support and assist fellow HIM staff members when needed for projects or when PTO/STO.
- Share the responsibility of assisting internal and external customers at the HIM/ITS Window.
- Assume responsibility for timely submission of monthly/yearly reports to the HIM Manager.
- Liaison for service and repairs for all HIM copiers, printers and scanners.
- Shares the responsibility of taking, transcribing and sharing the HIM monthly meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the HIM Manager.
- AAS degree in HIT, with RHIT, CCS or CPC preferred.
- Two years’ experience in the field of medical records, including up to date training of ICD-9CM and ICD-10CM diagnosis systems, medical terminology, State and Federal regulations
Join us in Caring for the Most Important People on Earth
The employment policy of St. Ann’s Community is to provide equal opportunity to all persons. Our company, therefore, has made a commitment to equal employment opportunity through a positive and continuing Affirmative Action Program. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.
- Pay Type Hourly