Midday ABA Behavior Technician (Counselor)
The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph, MA is currently seeking candidates to work as an ABA Behavior Technician (which we call a Counselor), focusing on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to implement services within our special education classrooms and residences.
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and young adults. Our programs focus on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills.
As a Midday Counselor you will assist the team in the obtaining and analyzing of various forms of behavioral data used to improve the lives of our students. You should have a desire to work with students with significantly challenging behaviors and to implement some of the more complex behavior support plans on a regular and consistent basis.
- Train staff on behavior plans and provide support with managing challenging behaviors (including data collection)
- Attend behavioral clinicals, educational program reviews, and staff meetings
- Provide direct instruction to the students in areas such as academics and self-care (ADLs)
- Implement daily schedules as designed by the supervisors and modify as necessary to address behavioral needs
- Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of behavioral procedures using reliable observation and analysis of each student's behavior (baseline and treatment). Collect data on behaviors as indicated on the data sheet (e.g., frequency, duration, interval, etc.)
- Implement programs per the Short-Term Objectives (STOs) and collect data on programs as indicated in the program book (e.g., discrete trial, chaining, shaping etc.) and per the program schedule
- May work with Clinical Director and Behavior Specialist to complete behavioral assessments for assigned students
- Must have a desire to grow in your educational goals towards advanced certifications and degrees
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or enrollment in a graduate level program in ABA/psychology/special education preferred.
- Desire to work in an intensive environment with the support from clinicians to create the best outcomes for students
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Ability to complete graphing in an accurate and timely manner
- Management/leadership experience prefered
- Valid U.S. driver's license
- 18+ years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience with ABA
- Autism/Developmental Disabilities experience
- Classroom/group experience
- Pay Type Hourly
- Randolph, MA 02368, USA