Account Executive Sr.
Lynden Logistics, a member of the Lynden Family of Companies, has roots in transportation going back more than 100 years. We are a full-service transportation and logistics provider. From complex global projects to home deliveries, and everything in between, we’ve got the right service to meet your needs. We are a “one-stop shop” for any transportation or shipping need with a special focus on the markets of Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Canada, and other U.S. and global locations operating out of over 10 US states, Puerto Rico, and Canada. Lynden Logistics is committed to creating a work environment that motivates and challenges our employees by providing them with training, the ability to expand their knowledge in our industry, and the opportunity to grow in their responsibilities and encouraging innovation and excellent customer service in their jobs.
Lynden Logistics, Inc. is looking for new talent to join our growing sales team. Are you an enthusiastic, self-motivated person who takes pride in finding solutions to problems that meet the expectations of your customers? Do you thrive where each day is not like the last? If so, Lynden is the place for you.
This position is responsible for using a variety of methods to develop, grow and maintain accounts to meet expectations. The ideal candidate is responsible for selling and marketing Lynden's services to existing and prospective businesses with emphasis on domestic and international revenue and market share growth by performing the duties listed.
Why you want to work for Lynden Logistics, Inc.
Compensation – Competitive pay with a discretionary bonus program
Healthcare – Medical, dental and vision plans
Paid Time Off – 17 days paid time off, PTO days increase with years of service
Holidays – 8 paid holidays
Retirement Plan – 401K with up to 50% of the first 6% contributed matched
Extras – Life Insurance, Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Long Term Disability Coverage and Employee Assistance Program at no cost to you!
Tuition Reimbursement Program
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Insight – Displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns with company principles to maintain strategic goals.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs to build relationships; solicits customer feedback to improve service; meets commitments, fostering company image.
- Professionalism/Ethics – Reacts well under pressure; upholds organizational values; treats people with respect. Represents the company in a professional manner.
- Strategic Thinking – Analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Dependability – Takes ownership for own actions, contributes to departmental meetings.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
- Uses and maintains company sales database.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience selling Freight Forwarding services (Domestic and International Air, Ocean) required. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year College or University a plus; or one to three years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. High School/GED diploma required.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the domestic and international transportation industry (air, trucking and ocean modes)
- Experience building and maintaining a client base through new business opportunities, and growth with existing customers, using person-to-person and social networking opportunities.
- Experience working with tariffs and governmental regulations.
- Experience effectively presenting business opportunities to others.
- Experience balancing customer and operations expectations
- Ability to calculate and apply concepts such as dimensionalized weight, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Familiar with MS Office products.
- Must be able to travel locally and overnight to meet business requirements.
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Must be able to pass Security Threat Assessment under TSA regulations.
Ability to possess and maintain a TSA Security Threat Assessment (STA) with a status of Passed, or a TSA recognized equivalent. TSA recognized equivalents include a Secure Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge, Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Hazmat Endorsement issued within the 50 States or District of Columbia, the Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC), or Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. STA’s will be submitted by Lynden Logistics upon job offer and renewed thereafter. Recognized equivalents must be current at time of application and successfully renewed by the applicant thereafter.
This is a salary plus commission job. Lynden offers a robust benefit package.
Successful candidates must pass pre-employment drug test and background screening
Lynden Logistics is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. Accommodation will be provided in all stages of the hiring process. Contact us for any accommodation requests, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
- Job Family 2400-Sales
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Some College
- 18303 8th Ave S, Burien, WA 98148, USA